Need advice on new sub amp to get

gamehawk55
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
Hey guys,

I'm doing some upgrades to my daily driver system. Currently I have an Audison LRX 5.1K pushing a set of Focal PS165 components and 2 Sundown SA-8v2 D2 subs. I'm wanting to move to a more efficient 2 amp setup that has plenty of headroom left in the amps. I already have a new 2 channel AQ 200.2 to run the Focal's, and now I'm just trying to decide on what to get for my new sub amp.

I've been looking at getting the Crescendo BC3500D as my new amp and running it @2ohms at 1500-2000W. I figured this would be more efficient and produce little to no heat to run a beast of an amp like the crescendo at half power rather than run an amp that's rated for 2000W MAX at full tilt? Also it would future proof me for power if I would ever need more in the future. Another reason I was looking at 3500W amps is because I need something that can put out at least 2000W @2ohms since this is my only real wiring option for the subs I have now. I also saw the Mmats 2000.2D which seems like another nice amp capable of putting out 2000W+ @2ohms but I live in Canada and I can't find any real pricing on this amp or where I could buy one online to compare. But then I'm back to the "is it more efficient?" question. I'm hoping to not have to spend more than around $800 before shipping and customs fees.

Also before anyone says it, yes I've also considered the SoundQubed(Audioque 3500D) as well but I really dont want to have to do a second run of 0ga from the front to back in order to use it. That's just more money that I really dont want to have to spend when it could go towards an alternator or batteries (which I will be getting eventually).

Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

why waste a bc3500 to just run half the power, those amps does not heat up and very efficient if you need just 2k get the AQ 2200 to match your mids and highs amp or the bc2000 and run them at 1ohm both are almost the same in price and both are efficient, running 1 ohm will not stress the amp since its stable at 1 ohm.

Hey guys,
I'm doing some upgrades to my daily driver system. Currently I have an Audison LRX 5.1K pushing a set of Focal PS165 components and 2 Sundown SA-8v2 D2 subs. I'm wanting to move to a more efficient 2 amp setup that has plenty of headroom left in the amps. I already have a new 2 channel AQ 200.2 to run the Focal's, and now I'm just trying to decide on what to get for my new sub amp.

I've been looking at getting the Crescendo BC3500D as my new amp and running it @2ohms at 1500-2000W. I figured this would be more efficient and produce little to no heat to run a beast of an amp like the crescendo at half power rather than run an amp that's rated for 2000W MAX at full tilt? Also it would future proof me for power if I would ever need more in the future. Another reason I was looking at 3500W amps is because I need something that can put out at least 2000W @2ohms since this is my only real wiring option for the subs I have now. I also saw the Mmats 2000.2D which seems like another nice amp capable of putting out 2000W+ @2ohms but I live in Canada and I can't find any real pricing on this amp or where I could buy one online to compare. But then I'm back to the "is it more efficient?" question. I'm hoping to not have to spend more than around $800 before shipping and customs fees.

Also before anyone says it, yes I've also considered the SoundQubed(Audioque 3500D) as well but I really dont want to have to do a second run of 0ga from the front to back in order to use it. That's just more money that I really dont want to have to spend when it could go towards an alternator or batteries (which I will be getting eventually).

Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Look at DD, MMATS, and Shok Industries //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

why waste a bc3500 to just run half the power, those amps does not heat up and very efficient if you need just 2k get the AQ 2200 to match your mids and highs amp or the bc2000 and run them at 1ohm both are almost the same in price and both are efficient, running 1 ohm will not stress the amp since its stable at 1 ohm.
Did you miss the fact that I said I have Dual 2ohm subs so wiring at 1ohm isn't an option hence why I said I need an amp that will do 2k @2ohms. And I wouldn't really want to run 1ohm anyways because its going to be way more stress on the electrical system and lose sound quality. I listen to a wider variety of music and a lot of rock/metal is going to suffer with subs wired at 1ohm.

Look at DD, MMATS, and Shok Industries //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif
I said an mmats 2000.2 would probably work but I can't finds anything on where to order one or compare prices

I said an mmats 2000.2 would probably work but I can't finds anything on where to order one or compare prices
First of all... if you can hear a difference in subwoofer sound quality at 1 ohm vs 2 ohm I will give you a dollar.

Secondly, quite snippy when you are asking for help aren't you?

Why don't you do something radical? Type MMATS into google, pull up their page, click on dealers, fill in the blanks, and let them tell you who the closest MMATS dealer is? I bet if there isn't one close they would sell you one direct.

You might even get really radical and try ebay.

First of all... if you can hear a difference in subwoofer sound quality at 1 ohm vs 2 ohm I will give you a dollar.
Secondly, quite snippy when you are asking for help aren't you?

Why don't you do something radical? Type MMATS into google, pull up their page, click on dealers, fill in the blanks, and let them tell you who the closest MMATS dealer is? I bet if there isn't one close they would sell you one direct.

You might even get really radical and try ebay.
I have searched for the Mmats. I should re-phrase. I wasn't able to find anything online on that particular amp in terms of price without having to fill out that form on their site. I didn't feel like waiting for them to email me back 1-2 days later with a phone number for a dealer.

Now I'm bouncing around the idea of getting the Rockford Fosgate T2500-1BDCP. Can pick up a refurb on ebay for $889 or less shipped. The main thing about this amp that intrigues me is the 2500w 2ohm power. Thoughts?

[quote name='gamehawk55']I have searched for the Mmats. I should re-phrase. I wasn't able to find anything online on that particular amp in terms of price without having to fill out that form on their site. I didn't feel like waiting for them to email me back 1-2 days later with a phone number for a dealer.[/QUOTE]
@mylows10 ; is a mmats dealer hit him up on here he is always available

JBL GTO24001 Car Amplifier 2400 Watts Mono Class D New in Canada Free SHIP 050036930253 | eBay

great amp new in canada //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif i recently owned one and sold it, wish i didnt lol.

JBL GTO24001 (GTO-24001) 2400W RMS GT Class D Monoblock Amplifier

you can read some of the reviews from sonicelectronix

Alpine MRX-M240 2400W x 1 Car Amplifier

Newegg.com - Alpine MRX-M240 Mono Car Amplifier

and i know they ship to canada

i can only deal mmats local to me , he needs to find a local dealer or call mmats direct
yea tot forgot mmats does not do internet sales mostly brick n mortar and if their isn't one local they will ship direct.

you'd have to ask mmats
I have been on the phone with them before //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif. I had someone i knew where they bought refurb direct from them but being i was in florida and had so many local shops around they would not sell a refurb 2 me so i had to have him buy it then ship 2 me.

Running an amp at 2 ohms isn't going to be much more efficient either. Call/email MMATs. Theyre pretty pricey but it's worth it. Maybe you could even get a pair of 1000w at 1 ohm amps and strap them for 2000w at 2 ohms.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.