Need advice on new sub amp to get

JBL GTO24001 Car Amplifier 2400 Watts Mono Class D New in Canada Free SHIP 050036930253 | eBay
great amp new in canada //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif i recently owned one and sold it, wish i didnt lol.

JBL GTO24001 (GTO-24001) 2400W RMS GT Class D Monoblock Amplifier

you can read some of the reviews from sonicelectronix

Alpine MRX-M240 2400W x 1 Car Amplifier

Newegg.com - Alpine MRX-M240 Mono Car Amplifier

and i know they ship to canada
Too bad I didn't see that before last night. Might have been a solid option to pursue. But I ended up deciding on and ordering a new RF T2500-1BDCP. Pretty pricey ($940CND shipped) but I think it will be worth it in the long run. Plus I think the amp just looks badas. And it's all black too so should compliment my AQ 200.2 nicely

2500 watt amp, 3500 watt amp to power a pair of 8 inch sa, does not make any sense
The SA-8v2 are perfectly capable of handling 1000W+ each and my only wiring option right now is 2ohms or 0.5ohms, and i definitely dont want to run 0.5ohms on my electrical system. And it's also nice to have the extra power available in the amp for the future because I may plan to add a 3rd sub later on in which case already having a 3000+ watt amp will come in handy.

The SA-8v2 are perfectly capable of handling 1000W+ each and my only wiring option right now is 2ohms or 0.5ohms, and i definitely dont want to run 0.5ohms on my electrical system. And it's also nice to have the extra power available in the amp for the future because I may plan to add a 3rd sub later on in which case already having a 3000+ watt amp will come in handy.
I still think its a waste of a 2500 watt amp to run 2 sa 8's

The difference is inaudible.. And expensive
Going from 1000W or possibly less to 2000W is def going to be a big difference. At least +3db and will most likely feel it alot more since my current amp isn't even coming close to pushing these subs to their full capabilities. And like I said it will be nice to have the extra power available for when I add more subs or switch subs entirely.

Going from 1000W or possibly less to 2000W is def going to be a big difference. At least +3db and will most likely feel it alot more since my current amp isn't even coming close to pushing these subs to their full capabilities. And like I said it will be nice to have the extra power available for when I add more subs or switch subs entirely.
I didn't mean the power, I meant the THD. Anything under 1% (any decent sub amp) is inaudible.

I didn't mean the power, I meant the THD. Anything under 1% (any decent sub amp) is inaudible.
Oh. Well that may be but any amount of distortion is still not healthy for the speaker though. So keeping it as low as possible will help make them last longer and perform better no?

Oh. Well that may be but any amount of distortion is still not healthy for the speaker though. So keeping it as low as possible will help make them last longer and perform better no?
It may make a small difference, but anything below 1% should be fine on a substage. But the amp you got is a good one, nonetheless. I think 3 SA8s wired at 1.3 ohms would do well.

It may make a small difference, but anything below 1% should be fine on a substage. But the amp you got is a good one, nonetheless. I think 3 SA8s wired at 1.3 ohms would do well.
That may be the eventual plan. Either that or switch out for 12's. What do you think I would "feel" more? 2 12's like the IA lethal injections, or 3 SA8v2's? Sure the 3 8's would take alot more power than the 2 12's but that doesn't necessarily mean i will feel it more right?

That may be the eventual plan. Either that or switch out for 12's. What do you think I would "feel" more? 2 12's like the IA lethal injections, or 3 SA8v2's? Sure the 3 8's would take alot more power than the 2 12's but that doesn't necessarily mean i will feel it more right?
2 12s has more cone area, so theoretically they would be louder. Maybe a pair of Sundown X's since it'll be a little down the road, they look pretty promising so far.

2 12s has more cone area, so theoretically they would be louder. Maybe a pair of Sundown X's since it'll be a little down the road, they look pretty promising so far.
Yeah but aren't the X's more of an SPL sub? I need something that is going to be able to play fairly flat and loud. So far the SA8's have been pretty good but they lack alot of punch when playing rock/metal music. Some songs the bass is nearly non-existant

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.