Need Advice on making a System w/ a budget.

matsyuk_7

Ohio
Hey guys. Alright lets get down to business. I have an all factory system right now in my 2007 Honda Civic Lx. Obviously, I am looking to upgrade, so I was hoping I could get some help because this is my first time building a system. I have a budget of about $600-$700. I am looking to get a new reciever first... I'm going to get a Kenwood DPX500BT... approximately $200 from Crutchfield. Now is the part where I'm not sure exactly what I should do. I'm looking to upgrade my speakers and amplifier at first. But eventually, I'd like to get a sub, not a huge sub but a decent one that will give some solid bass. But the sub is not a necessity at the moment. So.. I was thinking a 5-channel amplifier would suffice for my needs considering it could power 2 sets of speakers and the sub when it comes down to it. As for the speakers... I have no idea what to do. Not sure if I should get components for the front or just go coaxial on all 4. Maybe it will help you guys to know what time of music I listen to... I listen to a lot of techno/dubsteb and rap, but I also will listen to country a lot during the summertime //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/cool.gif.3bcaf8f141236c00f8044d07150e34f7.gif So, I'm not completely sure on what to get. It's my first time after all //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/thumbsupwink.gif.129404938effda6ad9cca39e7f4b58a3.gif But hey, I sure could use some help and advice in regards to my situation. Thanks everyone.

You still need a box and wires to Maybe used equipment would be the ticket here or the deck. Some better frt speakers. Coaxes in the rear with wires. Then save up for the sub stage

For the deck when I order from Crutchfield, it comes with all the wires and goodies needed to hook it up all for $200 which is nice. I'll look into some frt speakers and coaxes. Thanks for the quick response.

For the deck when I order from Crutchfield, it comes with all the wires and goodies needed to hook it up all for $200 which is nice. I'll look into some frt speakers and coaxes. Thanks for the quick response.
No prob. But if you amp the speakers you'll need and amp kit as well. There are speaker combo kits that have components and coaxes for the rear that would cost you around $200 as well

Okay so as far as the amplifier goes, I think you said something along the lines of... I need an amp but I also need an amp kit for installing the amp, correct?
Yes correct if you give me a budget for an amp. I can see if I can find you something that will work with the speakers

Yes correct if you give me a budget for an amp. I can see if I can find you something that will work with the speakers
Well if the reciever and speakers are costing me about $400, then I suppose my budget would be $300. If possible, Id like it to be a five channel so I can eventually power a small sub. Thanks again for your continued help.

Well if the reciever and speakers are costing me about $400, then I suppose my budget would be $300. If possible, Id like it to be a five channel so I can eventually power a small sub. Thanks again for your continued help.
Well if you could bump your budget up a bit then I got you covered pm coming

Get a headunit with 3 4 volt preouts and only buy a good set of components for front and if ya want rear door speakers get coaxials and i nice 4, 5 channel amp, that probs $500 for just the headunit and speakers, not including the wiring or amp

$700 bucks can get u a nice HU "preamp voltage dnt mean crap" a set of comps and a solid 5 channel with some cash left over.. Mylows can take care of you an not rip you off at the same time..

Yea it does, if you have a HU with 2 volt preouts it means you have to crank the gain more to get the same output as a 4 volt HU which can bring in distortion. Nearly blew my **** up when i got rid of my Pioneer 2 volt HU and put a Alpine 4 volt in.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.