Need Advice on making a System w/ a budget.

Yea it does, if you have a HU with 2 volt preouts it means you have to crank the gain more to get the same output as a 4 volt HU which can bring in distortion. Nearly blew my **** up when i got rid of my Pioneer 2 volt HU and put a Alpine 4 volt in.
Sir you nearly blew your stuff cause you don't know how to set it up correctly.... 5v or 2v that should not be a deciding factor in buying a HU...

Yea it is 2 volt headunits are cheap and have no were near as many adjustments as the higher end 4 volt HU. I've set all my car audio gear up, my one 12 hits 140 db on music not generated tones

Yea it is 2 volt headunits are cheap and have no were near as many adjustments as the higher end 4 volt HU. I've set all my car audio gear up, my one 12 hits 140 db on music not generated tones
Most amplifiers can produce maximum power with a preamp signal from 4 volts to 200 millivolts, so if the system is properly set up there is no difference between a 2 or 4 volt preamp.

The myth you've just repeated however, is the reason manufacturers now include 4 volt preamp outs more and more. But there is no necessary or logical correlation between the quality of a source unit and preamp output voltage.

Oznath, with the posts you have made about whines and how to set a hpf. Do you think you may not have the experience to argue with a vetted member? I would try and learn opposed to arguing false points you believe to be true. It clutters threads, serves no purpose and takes away from what the original poster wanted to know. If you can speak of actual advantages of 4v, go ahead and do so. Otherwise don't spout opinions. People with questions need facts.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.