Need advice and pointers. First setup.

Participant count
  • Participant list

stephenp_

Im looking into getting my first sub/ speaker setup and I need pointers and advice before I go invest in a system. I know just some basics, like a 4 channel amp means you can run four different speakers/subs on it, splitting the wattage in fourths. Only other sub related thing i know is that underppwering them is just as bad as overpowering them.

Other than that I am not speaker savvy.

I Joined the forum for advice on the setup I have in mind.

Currently have a pioneer DEH 660 Bluetooth HU and stock speakers. Their is nowhere near enough bass, treble, or tone in my car for me. I have a little 87 325i convertible and 26 year old speakers just aint doing it.

Im thinking of adding 2 12's, and two 6x9's up front. (ill need tweeters too right?)

I think im gonna need around 3k watts to run it all, maybe more.

Im hoping to have a full pioneer setup, but their kinda pricey for what they are. (i know their a good brand.)

But, if i can find better equipment at a more reasonable price, I wont hesitate.

I have no problem with lesser known audio companies either.

sorry for the shpeel but i wanted to give as much backround as i could so you guys could help me as best as possible.

Thanks to anyone who reads, and more so to anyone who helps.

Im looking into getting my first sub/ speaker setup and I need pointers and advice before I go invest in a system. I know just some basics, like a 4 channel amp means you can run four different speakers/subs on it, splitting the wattage in fourths. Only other sub related thing i know is that underppwering them is just as bad as overpowering them.Other than that I am not speaker savvy.

I Joined the forum for advice on the setup I have in mind.

Currently have a pioneer DEH 660 Bluetooth HU and stock speakers. Their is nowhere near enough bass, treble, or tone in my car for me. I have a little 87 325i convertible and 26 year old speakers just aint doing it.

Im thinking of adding 2 12's, and two 6x9's up front. (ill need tweeters too right?)

I think im gonna need around 3k watts to run it all, maybe more.

Im hoping to have a full pioneer setup, but their kinda pricey for what they are. (i know their a good brand.)

But, if i can find better equipment at a more reasonable price, I wont hesitate.

I have no problem with lesser known audio companies either.

sorry for the shpeel but i wanted to give as much backround as i could so you guys could help me as best as possible.

Thanks to anyone who reads, and more so to anyone who helps.
Does the 325i even FIT 6x9s up front?

Here's what we need:

Budget

Sound goal

What you listen to

What you've heard that you like/don't like and why

Im pretty sure it will. The slotted opening for the stock speakers (and sub in there) is like 10 inch by 10 inch. Since im redoing my system anyway, id just remove the stock "subs" anyway correct?

and oops. totally forgot that part. Im really into heavy metal, some deathcore, eminem and some skrillex. Five finger death punch, Metallica, as i lay dying, a day to remember, in flames etc etc.

suicide silence, Bring me the horizon, born of osiris.

I got a buddy with a 1k watt amp and one 12' in his 98 dodge ram, that hits pretty well for a truck that big.

My sound goal would be to have a system loud enough to shake the car, and be impressive, but not enough to get a ticket even at full blast.

And do you mean like brands i dont like? No preference really since i dont know much. ( is there really a difference in bass, or bass types between brands? o.0 )

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.