0 or 1/0 Gauge OFC Wire...whats the cheapest option

Participant count
  • Participant list

adjetta
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
I am in the maket for Some Affordable zero gague ofc Power wire.

after discovering that the wire I had believed to be 0 gauge OFC was actually some oversized 1/0 CCA junk...after it was already too late, I am at a bit of a loss.

I don't really care about the flexibility, I just need to carry 300 amps reliably and cheaply, what are some decent contenders, links would be amazing but names are fine, my adhd has made my price shopping a bit of a debacle, so I gave up on it lol

I really need enough to run a mid sized sedan, dual batteries, big three w/ additional alt casing ground, and multiple grounds for my auxilary battery

thinking 25' would take care of it but idk for sure

0 and 1/0 are the same thing, bud, just by different names. Also, not all CCA is created equal nor what I would consider "junk." Do you have a spending limit?

well I would like to spend under 100 bucks, but I understand that you pay for quality and would spend more if I absolutely had to

oh here is an after though, in my experience every cca wire I have ever used has corroded, I need something that will hold up and not leave me stranded with a motor that wont crank due to a ground that is blacker than a coal miner's soul

well I would like to spend under 100 bucks, but I understand that you pay for quality and would spend more if I absolutely had to
oh here is an after though, in my experience every cca wire I have ever used has corroded, I need something that will hold up and not leave me stranded with a motor that wont crank due to a ground that is blacker than a coal miner's soul
The cause of corrosion is poor termination at the ends. If you use a good quality shrink wrap and copper closed-end lugs, you're far less likely to see the effects of corrosion on that wire. Even OFC is prone to the same weathering effects. If you use a combination of heat-shrink sleeves, copper lugs, and torch/solder, you shouldn't have the same issue.

As for finding OFC in your target range (as I think you really don't want to be hearing about CCA any more), look at weldingsupply.com and their stock of 0ga or 2/0 wire. Should be able to find a 30ft run within your budget.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.