Need a new Head Unit

SHAGARION

CarAudio.com Newbie
Ok, I have 4 DD 6x9s hooked to a DD 100x4 amp and a DD 9512 SC sub hooked to a DD m3c, Current pioneer head unit has clipped at volume 45 and made me dead in the water. I need a head unit that does clip at such low volume. Current pioneer head unit is a dual din. What suggestions do you have for a head unit? Thank you.

Ok, I have 4 DD 6x9s hooked to a DD 100x4 amp and a DD 9512 SC sub hooked to a DD m3c, Current pioneer head unit has clipped at volume 45 and made me dead in the water. I need a head unit that does clip at such low volume. Current pioneer head unit is a dual din. What suggestions do you have for a head unit? Thank you.
and how do you know it clips at 45 volume? How are you even setting your gains/sub level eq etc.... You never specified Whats the pre out voltage of the head unit as well.

and how do you know it clips at 45 volume? How are you even setting your gains/sub level eq etc.... You never specified Whats the pre out voltage of the head unit as well.
The shop where I had it installed at told me the radio is clipping. I've left all the settings gbto what the shop set them at. Never looked at them the radio I have now is a low grade pioneer I think 2v preouts.

The shop where I had it installed at told me the radio is clipping. I've left all the settings gbto what the shop set them at. Never looked at them the radio I have now is a low grade pioneer I think 2v preouts.

that shop tuned it wrong then.

Would it be best to keep the head unit i have now and buy a equalizer? I want to compete in competitions.
no, learn how to tune your system yourself

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.