Need A Little Help With Gluing Surround Back To Cone

Participant count
  • Participant list
Well, this topic has probably been covered but I'm failing to find my exact answer. I have a Audiobahn AW1206Q 12" woofer that has a little separation between the foam surround and the cone. I'm 95% sure I can glue this. It's about a 4" separation.

My options for glue are no name superglue and Gorilla Glue. The Gorilla Glue seems promising, but I wanted a little help before I dove into it. I'm also curious how to effectively clamp the come to the surround during the drying process.

Any help is really appreciated. Thank you in advance!

Worked out a DIY cone to surround clamping system hahaha. It's the worst looking thing ever, but I have pressure up on the cone and even weight pressing down around the surround. If this doesn't work, I'll have to really find out what others have used to clamp the inner edge of the surround down to ththe cone. Also working on fixing a type r voice coil....

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.