Battle of the 10” $100.00 Subs

Battle of the 10” $100.00 Subs

• Total voters

dthor68
10+ year member

Of these 10” 4 ohm subwoofers, which one would you purchase and why. I am a little shallow and left a lot of brands out of the mix that I know nothing about and a lot that look so cheap and gaudy. I admit that the Infinity looks very blingy, but it is finished in a very tasteful way and matches the tan leather in my CRV very well. Great sound, low distortion and longevity (last at least 4 years) is most important. The Sub is being driven by a 4 year old Soundstream REF 4.760. I am using the C and D channels bridged, which is 380 watts.

Infinity Kappa 100.9W

JL Audio 10W0v3-4

Alpine Type-S SWS-10D4

Dayton Audio DCS255-4

I love the Kappa subs, I've had the 10's and 12's and they are very very versatile and a bargain, IMO. Lots of clean output.

1. Alpine

2. Dayton

3. JL or Infinity really

The type S's pleasantly surprised me for what they are

Dayton is reasonably priced for what it is too.

Infinity 1062W [/thread]

You can get two brand new for around $100.

I've seen the 12" version in action and for the price they're tough to beat.

I notice most votes go to Dayton, can you tell me why the Dayton is better than the JL? The Daytons are made in Taiwan, which is much better than China but still a little confused why? The JL will hit 25 htz, the Dayton goes no lower than 31 htz. However, on sensitivity the Daytons hit 91db, JL 84 db but does that even matter with a sub? Still, I know very little about the Daytons except that they have an awesome 6 1/2" midbass.

Thanks for the help, hope to get more.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...