need a box designer who knows DD well

Participant count
  • Participant list
Yeah I seen that. Can use every model in the same box they claim... How in the hell is a base model going to perform like their top model no way In hell.

DD also recommends using the DC power formula to find the power of an AC circuit.

I'm not saying that the people at DD don't know what they're doing but, I am saying that they have a marketing department and that marketing department's goal is to make their product seem easy to use as well as impressive.

I'd shy away from their support page and find a competent box designer.

Well if you look at the specs on the subs... That's how they do it. I didn't say it wasn't going to perform the same but it sounds amazing in that box and that isn't what I think it is what I have heard and seen.

Well if you look at the specs on the subs... That's how they do it. I didn't say it wasn't going to perform the same but it sounds amazing in that box and that isn't what I think it is what I have heard and seen.
The question is not whether or not one sub can sound good in a box designed for another. The question is how much better could it sound in a box designed for it?

In simple terms, I can put sub X in a sealed box and it will sound great. But if I put that same sub in a properly designed and vented box, it will sound much, much better.

DD and most other manufacturers base their box recommendations on a couple of criteria. Those being power handling, fitment in most vehicles (ergo, size) and function in a variety of applications on a variety of music. That way, their subs will be safe and sound pretty **** good in most applications. However, since those recommendations don't focus on one criteria, there is almost always a better design for any given single goal.

So do either of you guys know a good designer on here other than Ram designs he straight up shot me down, or Buck's since he no longer does designs?

That's a lot of power for that sub "assuming" you'll be running at 1ohm. I'd probably go a little small and do 2.25cubes net....tune to suit the music you will mostly play...

Yeah I am easy on my equipment there will be no voltage drop though lmao. Seen a pair of 9518's on a m4a so this should be easy

---------- Post added at 03:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:15 PM ----------

Oh and ram designs is hooking me up so no worries abojt a design now

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.