Need 2 good 6x8 Speakers to keep up with my subs

Participant count
  • Participant list

Basshead44

NJ
I have a 1999 Mustang GT. I'm putting 2 6x9's in the back but I can't fit them in my door panels because there's something in the way. So I'm forced to go to 6x8's. I have 2 SWR-12D4 Type-R 12" subs both rms at 1k watts but I'm going to put them at about 700-800 rms. Now I need some 6x8's to fit in my door for some good treble. I would really like a good 3 way speaker but you guys probably know more than me! I do have separate tweeters at the moment. I would love any suggestions! I am going to run an amp to them by the way. I'm willing to spend about 250 for each speaker total of 500 in case math isn't your thing. Of course I'd like to spend a little less than that but I'm willing to go that high.

Last edited by a moderator:
It's going to be hard to get an unbiased opinion for speakers here since people are going to suggest what they've run or what we sell. I'd offer a suggestion but I sell it so that's a biased suggestion.

Why cmment to tell me that you're not gonna comment? Just say what you think is good and I'll check it out. It'll be appreciated

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.