My subs sound awful...

well i think that may be your problem, when u invert the subs, everything has to be reversed, the positives from the amps have to connect to the negatives on the subs.
He stated in the first post that he tried wiring them in and out of phase already.

Find out what your current enclosure volume is now, and determine your Qtc (as someone else said earlier). This will give you/us a better idea whats going on.

n/m i am a dums ass ... but it takes a big man to admit that
2 6 ohms sub =3 ohms DER sorry about that brain fart yall
The sad thing is, that it was mentioned earlier in another post.//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

How do I figure out cone area? How do I figure out qtc? Im not good with winisd or bbp6...couldnt get the hang of either one:)

The boxes themselves are exactly .75^3.

The sad thing is, that it was mentioned earlier in another post.//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif
ahhhh nite shift ... it does thigns to man one you see the sun set and then rise again on the same shift you start to get stupid i think... then to top it off i worked 5am to 3 pm today

i need sleep heheheh

avs 20 i saw that you said you couldn't put the subs in the box normal way is it because the holes are to small or because the box is not deep enough .... cause could the box be hindering the cone excursion ?

The subs MIGHT fit....the surround isnt hitting anywhere..the holes are big enough for the subs...

anyone else?

Ok..Ive been messing with the amps etc with absolutely NO luck. Im going to try adding .25^3 of wood tomorrow and see if that helps. If not, Im going with my original plan, selling the JBL's, and getting 2 12" XXX.

Ill keep you guys updated.

It's a sealed box, that rumbles and sounds boomy. Nothing, and I mean nothing sounds *tight*. Rock songs with fast punchy bass lines...sound like crap. No definition between each bass line, it just rolls all together and sounds like boomy garbage.

As you can tell, Im a little frustrated:)

Ok guys..Im 2 seconds away from throwing in the towel. I filled the boxes with

.25^3 of wood each, and they still sound crappy.

You would thing running each sub off of a PG 1200.1 they would SLAM. But they don't.

Btw, some more info..the boxes are 9" deep, 12" width, and 12" height.

I have to crank the gains to get bass. With the gains set for 900rms to each sub, the subs move, but the bass is barely there.

My 10w0's in an under the seat box sounded better than this crap.

*End rant*

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.