My sub hits a fraction of a second late..

BZA
10+ year member

Bring the MF Rukkus
Anyone else have this problem before? I have a d2 12" lethal injection in 2.5cuft after displacement @33Hz. Running an ednine.1 to it at 1 ohm. My only guess is that the box is so big it takes a little for the air to push, causing the sound to come a fraction on a second late, not sure tho. Any help would be great y'all!

Never heard of that amp before. It says it's class D but the efficiency is only 64%....that seems odd.

My only thought is that maybe your sub amp is delaying the signal noticeably?

Wait...that amp has a variable phase control. Make sure it is set to no phase adjustment.

How does that amp sound by the way? Sure is pretty.

Never used the nine.1, but had quite a few products from ED. It was pretty solid stuff, and the amps put out a clean signal. This was years ago though. Their quality control is lacking now though, as far as their subs go at least. One of my more recent setups was a pair of 11kv2 on a nine.2x, and those subs were hot garbage compared to the 16kv2 that I had several years prior. That nine.2x was pretty good though.

Do you have time delay/alighnment in your deck ?
Na, still just have the stock head unit.

Never heard of that amp before. It says it's class D but the efficiency is only 64%....that seems odd.
My only thought is that maybe your sub amp is delaying the signal noticeably?

Wait...that amp has a variable phase control. Make sure it is set to no phase adjustment.

This amp is nuts man. It can push 1000 watts all day with ease. Phase has always been set to 0 so I don't know what it is!! >=/

I test the phase of my subs in relations to the mid/tweeters by playing some hardcore techno music like Happy Hardcore that has basically the highest BPM than any other music.

Adjust the phase control(either fixed or variable) until the bass hits the same time as the mids. If your amp does not have a phase control then just invert the pos/neg speaker wire at the amp OR(not both) the speaker terminal on the box, the result is just like flipping the 0-180 phase switch.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.