is it fixable...please help

hrtbrk1
5,000+ posts

1ManWreckinCrew
got this on ebay and i think it got damaged on shipping...the seller really didnt pack it well anyways and im trying to get a refund...but as much as possible, if i can fix it or if itll be ok, id REALLY like to keep it...

on to pics

3fbd27c6.jpg

cded5c29.jpg

yes, it is fixable, but you are going to be hard-pressed to find someone who can do it under the cost of another sub. i personally, have my hand-made custom tools, just for salvaging soft-parts, since i've been repairing subs since before buying parts, or whole re-cone was even an option. then, you have to contend with getting the basket welded. you may actually be able to find a replacement basket as well........ in fact, i think i have one coming to me as we speak, but i'm not sure, until i get it. if we were neibors, i would offer you cash, or quote you an estimate. i, in fact, have 4 of my own subs on the to-do list for basket-only replacement.

what if i mounted the sub in a box facing up? i mean its not a very high powered sub to begin with...i cant believe my luck //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif

thanks guys i will try that...the basket part that is cracked is still really stiff as in they dont feel like its broken...but i will try to jbweld it

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.