My Sub Don't Work

sumone
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Veteran
Midwest
Yeah...how to fix it?

Just playin'...

12" DVC 2Ohm IDMAX (v3)....both coils are showing an open circuit with a meter. Was running at a 1Ohm nominal to my eD 9.1 with no problem for a year maybe. No (obvious) visual anomalies.

Last couple days sub would go in and out (seconds-length of time) 'til finally it just went out. Verified amp was still putting out a signal...sub is just bunk.

What are my options? This stuff cost $275 when I bought it.

Edit: it's been a little over 2 years and was bought used (was still under-warranty, but not now).

I dunno if there is anyway to contact the speaker itself. lol

But you could call Image Dynamics and see what they say.

Usually they recone it for free within a reasonable time.

Just tell em you bought it new from a dealer.

How do you know a recone is what is needed? What are the symptoms of needing a recone? It sounds like that word gets thrown around a lot (and potentially unnecessarily).

Look over the tinsel leads real good and give them a little tug to make sure that they are not broken....if they are good then is sounds like you have an open coil.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.