my new system can i hit 150?

It would be more believable if they were ported but their not. I have plenty of experience with sealed enclosures, none of which have ever come close to 145. This is not a slam against Kicker at all as I already stated that I have no experience with them. It's about saying that you hit 145 with 3 12's sealed.

You can be loud with any crap subwoofer in properly built box, but I guarantee it's ported.

As for going loud I would rather run 2 12's or maybe a single 15" in a ported enclosure over 4 12"s in a sealed enclosure.

(and just so we all know, I love sealed enclosures. They have their place, generally in SQ setups, not SPL)

I think the whole world wide web would shut down if someone posted a YouTube vid of some w7's or mojos hitting 150
ive personally seen this many times but not in a sealed box. and you probably didnt like the btl because you didnt have the right power going to it or a boxed tuned around your vehicle.

i wont say you cant hit 150 sealed because if your box's resonance frequency matches the vehicle's it is very possible but chances are your box doesnt; maybe you first box did but if that was the case this box surly doesnt.

for reference for sealed my buddy, sealed on the dash with 6 p2 on 2 t1000 amps hits a 150.1 consistently but it peaks at his trucks frequency. he's a pro installer and uses the tl for everything

but my dd2510 at 1ohm on a orion 2100 pulled a 148.5 in a small ported box in my pick up and did great on music. had i shaved the port a little and grabbed a lil more power i could of easily did a 150.

I think the whole world wide web would shut down if someone posted a YouTube vid of some w7's or mojos hitting 150
I beleive either of those subs can hit 150 easily in the right enclosure/build. The issue is not with the equipment but the install.

On a side note, the whole world would implode if there was a video of some funky pups hitting 150. Of course we would never see it because we would all be dead! Truth!

Yeah I had the cvx's in 3 cubes before displacement, so maybe half a cube after and was giving it a hifonics 2010d wired to 1/3 ohm, not sure how much power they were really seeing, it was rated 2000@ 1 ohm, but not CES compliant. And it peaked on music at 42 hz at a 145.2. The resonant frequency of my vehicle is between 40-45 hz cuz that's what hits hardest and rattles everything to hell on a sin wave. I went with a moderate size enclosure for the l7,s 1.5 per sub b4 displacement, they honestly don't sound to bad, not as loud as I hoped, normal people think its crazy loud, but they'd think a 130 was loud

Don't get me wrong they aren't gonna turn heads on an RTA, but they sound tenfold better in my box now than they did in the crap flea market ported box they came in.

I'm not building a setup for strictly sq or spl, don't plan on going db dragging or bass racing. Just rolling around bumping and pissing old people off or picking up the occasional hood rat

#1 calling BS on your "145.2" on music with that setup... UNLESS it was a "mic" type meter, then, possibly.

#2 I doubt you will be even close to the 150dB range with your new setup.

#3 I have seen kicker, JL and even a pair Pioneer 10"s get in the 150's but ALL ported.

#4 You swallow

Well it was at a shop, some dude with 6 sa 12,s and 6 sa amps had a termlab on his laptop. He hit a 153 or something. It was a termlab in the corner of the dash. They say u gain 3dbs from a ported box over a sealed box correct? So a set of subs can hit 150 ported but not 145 sealed? That's a difference of 5 DBS.

Well it was at a shop, some dude with 6 sa 12,s and 6 sa amps had a termlab on his laptop. He hit a 153 or something. It was a termlab in the corner of the dash. They say u gain 3dbs from a ported box over a sealed box correct? So a set of subs can hit 150 ported but not 145 sealed? That's a difference of 5 DBS.
who ever told you this is an idiot.

that depend on sooo many factors that it couldnt possibly be right i have personally went from a 132 sealed with two powerbass l10 2 cube box to A 145 IN A PORTED BOX 2.5 cubes tuned to 45hz peaked at 52 which is where my truck peaked

all in all it depends on the install your system should easily hit 150 ported but sealed id break out all the tricks ie: move the box, visor, flip seats, open glove box, remove head rest. all these things in some installs can increase the db reading

ive personally seen a guy open the glove box and his score jump 2db my jaw hit the ground to be later picked up

This box don't move I could stick some 2x's under the back so it loads off the glass I suppose, I doubt firing up is helping me, the cvx's where in a tiny box shoved all the way back to the seats firing backwards, with the glove box open of course

This box don't move I could stick some 2x's under the back so it loads off the glass I suppose, I doubt firing up is helping me, the cvx's where in a tiny box shoved all the way back to the seats firing backwards, with the glove box open of course
now your just trolling when i was trying to help and angling the box most likely wont help just put the **** things in a 8 cube box tuned to 38 and be loud or keep it this way and complain elsewhere. im not going to help someone who always thinks theyre right when i own a tl and have experience with these subs.

and by the way you dont have enough power for 4 l7s 3500-4000 should be right

ported boxs are wayyy better im runing a single 18 and a memphis 4k with a 8 inch flared aero port and doing 149.5s if you have no room for a port loose a sub and run more rms to each and do a port.....way louder n sound way better

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.