My install's coming along nicely

Dude that is so simple to fix.

Find a way to get your wood mounts in there where you want them use muffler hanger as it bends easy.

Fill the outside area with Great Stuff minimal expanding foam.

Mount your speaker, pop the grill on and you are done.

You are really making it way harder than it needs to be.

Dude that is so simple to fix.
Find a way to get your wood mounts in there where you want them use muffler hanger as it bends easy.

Fill the outside area with Great Stuff minimal expanding foam.

Mount your speaker, pop the grill on and you are done.

You are really making it way harder than it needs to be.
Yes, I know. And you make it SOUND so easy, but what I have learned in a lot of years of life is nothing is as easy as it's PLANNED to be!! And all your offering me are some possibly good imagined PLANS!

John Kuthe...

Yes, I know. And you make it SOUND so easy, but what I have learned in a lot of years of life is nothing is as easy as it's PLANNED to be!! And all your offering me are some possibly good imagined PLANS!
John Kuthe...
WTF??!!

Seriously I just gave you the info to fix your problem for less than $10 and 30 mins time.

All I am giving you are good imagined plans? WTF do you want me to drive over there and do it for you and your retarded 'installer guy"?

BTW o' great educated one, the word is "you're" as in your are. You are so ******* stupid. My God I dropped out of the 9th grade and can write better English than you.

I knew helping you would be a mistake.
You have me hand waving imagined plans with little substance to them to even Google to try and find the parts and materials to do the job you imagined.

I'm trying to learn all the good information I see here. But unfortunately most of what I see here is just sensational hand waving and ego basting. Little substantive good information.

John Kuthe...

OMG

this
074985001543.jpg

Plus this

6e852159-f7f8-455c-951a-f75c70332a5c_1000.jpg

Seriously most of us on this forum could fix and improve that mount in 30 mins yet you keep looking down on us like we are stupid.

You have me hand waving imagined plans with little substance to them to even Google to try and find the parts and materials to do the job you imagined.
I'm trying to learn all the good information I see here. But unfortunately most of what I see here is just sensational hand waving and ego basting. Little substantive good information.

John Kuthe...
holy cr*p ! you truly are the biggest troll i have ever seen !!

John : " What would you guys do ?''

CA members : '' i would do this, that, and this ''

John : '' NO, i won't do that, because i know sh*t, and you are saying sh*t, i know about this cuz i'm a EE that turned nurse. YOU think this is THE way to go, while i think that you're WRONG, there are more than one way to do it ! ''

CA members: '' Why asking for advice then ? ''

John : ''oh you guys are so about ego wars and sh*t.''

Seriously man, getouttahere ! You clearly are the one with huge ego issues here. Getthef*ckout !

Everybody just needs to never try to help him. He's beyond help. He's like the mentally disabled adult who thinks everyone else is crazy for not thinking like him. No matter what you tell him or even prove to him, he lacks the comprehensive ability to see truth or wisdom, and he'll only ever believe he is right. I'm sure he never admits when he's wrong in real life, either. Hopeless.

I would LOVE to find some GOOD QUALITY little speaker mounting pods,
Order the kicks from Q-logic then. Best 200$ I spent on my front stage. Simple, look stock, image well. If you don't like them, swap back in your stock trim pieces in 10 minutes. FFS it's not like money is an issue or you wouldn't have dumped 300$ into hand built RCA cables, so what is it, you think if you go way out of your way to make things as difficult as possible it'll sound better? We'll respect you more?

Pulling out your windshield to mount speakers on the dash proves only that you're deep on the spectrum and won't buy you any "street cred" around the DIY audio community, it will only further badge you as an autistic know-it-all.

WTF??!!
Seriously I just gave you the info to fix your problem for less than $10 and 30 mins time.

All I am giving you are good imagined plans? WTF do you want me to drive over there and do it for you and your retarded 'installer guy"?
If you drove there and offered to do it for him he'd still insist on removing the windshield. Instead of just admitting it was as stupid idea and there's simple fixes or workarounds now he's just going to double down on the original stupid plan.

Order the kicks from Q-logic then. Best 200$ I spent on my front stage. Simple, look stock, image well. If you don't like them, swap back in your stock trim pieces in 10 minutes. FFS it's not like money is an issue or you wouldn't have dumped 300$ into hand built RCA cables, so what is it, you think if you go way out of your way to make things as difficult as possible it'll sound better? We'll respect you more?
$227 for ALL the custom, purple RCA cables, Don't slip into hyperbole to try and make your point, it makes you look silly.

Pulling out your windshield to mount speakers on the dash proves only that you're deep on the spectrum and won't buy you any "street cred" around the DIY audio community, it will only further badge you as an autistic know-it-all.
On the TOP of my dash. The Grand Caravans have a large area up there car-wide and a little less than a foot front edge to back edge, covered with a nice plastic trim panel with molded in speaker grills right where the 5.25" drivers are. Bad part is they are aimed straight up and into the acutely angled windshield! But that's the arrangement I have and I'm gonna work WITH it as much as I can to keep it looking as stock as possible. WHEN I go to the next level of this install (full active) I'm gonna get some decent speaker cabinetry up there and very high/audiophile drivers up there, maybe 6" to 6.5" midbase drivers and I've even thought of 6x9s up there! For a really cool front stage (that's a concept I was not familiar with but I learned it from here on CarAudio.com, and I know exactly what you are talking about especially since we removed my Alpine SWR-50s which were my front stage, along with the front door 6x9s)

If you drove there and offered to do it for him he'd still insist on removing the windshield. Instead of just admitting it was as stupid idea and there's simple fixes or workarounds now he's just going to double down on the original stupid plan.
I'd love to see some concrete examples of quick and easy fixes for my top-of-the-dash problem! That fit neatly under the stock plastic cover. But what I see are multiple suggestions for putting drivers in kick panels which I have already decided against as the cockpit of Baby II is really not that capacious and I don't want to eat into any more of the lack of capaciousness with kick panel drivers! (And I've said numerous times, I KNOW I am trying to design and implement a system in a very hostile environment, but I have my personal engineering preferences.

John Kuthe...

you are a fukking tool. fixes have been given and you are too stupid to see them. if your "installer guy" does not know what to do then he is not fit to do the job. dam. any installer with a small amount of custom in them could and would have it done by now. you call your chester-mobile baby II. ****. its a pos minivan that has broken plastic. wow, that has never happened before. NOT.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

JohnKuthe

CarAudio.com Veteran
JohnKuthe
Missouri
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from