My install's coming along nicely

Wait, what????
You have spent 18 hours a week on this install for over 2 months????????

NO ****** WAY!!!!!

You are saying that you have 144 hours into that????

Everything you have shown could be done in a full day.

Your install is so ****** basic and you do not even realize that.
HAHAHA!

Fvckin' owned!!

Any one of us could have done that simple install in a single weekend at best. Even on a rainy day. Or sunshine, in or out of a garage.

He's taking something so simple and making it more complicated than it is.

I don't know, I spent 6 days straight, full days mostly, ripping out my trunk and building a 6th order in it a couple weeks ago. Most of that was waiting on glue, primer, paint, resin to dry, though. I could see this taking someone work zero real experience 3 days. Not 3 months, though. Even 3 hours a week for 3 months would be way more than enough unless the person is completely retarded.

This is my current system

28 mm tweeters in pods on axis on dash (used PVC caps sanded and painted black)

6.5 mids in doors, doors sealed and covered in sheet of deadener

Active Pioneer Headunit

amp for mids behind glovebox (factory location)

amp for sub in hatchback

1/0 wire to sub amp, 8 gauge to mid amp

12" Skar VVX in 2 cube box tuned to 34

It took me about 4-6 hours to put that all together.

I spent another 8 or so hours of many different nights drinking beer and tuning the system

I promise that my system cost not much more than what you paid for just the pair PHD speakers and is 10x better in both soundstage and volume than you will ever have.

I tried, along with so many others here to help you. You are beyond fucked in the head.

I have a build coming up....for my s10 ext cab. More than likely next summer as winter gets over...can't stand the coldness here.

But anyway, really all I gotta do is the big 3, get another battery and swap it with my existing one as I can't stand side mounted posts, build the t-line enclosure that Stang designed for me, a platform for it, and install the 3 ch amp. That's it. Shouldn't take me long at all to do all that. I basically got new speakers in it and a new HU already installed.

Say you have a sphere of radius, r. It's surface is held at a potential given by V(0)*cos(3*Theta). What's the electric potential at distance, d, from the surface?

What type of data structure would you associate with the following function?

void John::Kuthe(char type, double time, char* description, int num, double atime)

{

eventNotice* newEvent;

newEvent = new eventNotice();

newEvent->type = type;

newEvent->time = time;

strcpy_s(newEvent->description, description);

newEvent->truck_number = num;

newEvent->arrival_time = atime;

newEvent->m_pPrev = NULL;

newEvent->m_pNext = NULL;

eventNotice* temp = m_pHead;

if ((m_pHead == NULL) && (m_pTail == NULL))

{

m_pHead = newEvent;

m_pTail = newEvent;

printInsert(type, time, description,num,atime);

return;

}

while (temp != NULL)

{

if (newEvent->time > temp->time)

{

if (m_pTail == temp)

{

newEvent->m_pPrev = m_pTail;

m_pTail->m_pNext = newEvent;

m_pTail = newEvent;

printInsert(type, time, description, num,atime);

return;

}

else

temp=temp->m_pNext;

}

else if (newEvent->time time)

{

if (temp == m_pHead)

{

m_pHead = newEvent;

newEvent->m_pNext = temp;

temp->m_pPrev = newEvent;

}

else

{

newEvent->m_pPrev = temp->m_pPrev;

temp->m_pPrev->m_pNext = newEvent;

}

return;

}

else if (newEvent->time == temp->time)

{

if (newEvent->type == temp->type)

{

newEvent->m_pNext = temp->m_pNext;

newEvent->m_pPrev = temp;

temp->m_pNext = newEvent;

if (newEvent->m_pNext == NULL)

m_pTail = newEvent;

else

newEvent->m_pNext->m_pPrev = newEvent;

return;

}

if (newEvent->type == 'D')

{

if (temp == m_pHead)

{

m_pHead = newEvent;

}

newEvent->m_pPrev = temp->m_pPrev;

printFEL(m_pHead);

return;

}

else

{

if (m_pTail == temp)

m_pTail = newEvent;

newEvent->m_pNext = temp->m_pNext;

newEvent->m_pPrev = temp;

temp->m_pNext = newEvent;

printInsert(type, time, description, num,atime);

return;

}

}

else

{

outFile

}

}

}
Hee hee! COOL! Someone who knows a bit about physics and programing in a computer language I'm not really familiar with! You get that all out of a book or a saved file? I'll bet you didn't sit down and generate all that off the top of your head.

I don't do that type of work anymore, but I remain very familiar with the basic concepts. I had a very cool physics professor. For our class finals (Phys I and II) he showed us a compilation of Road Runner and other cartoon scenarios and for our final exam we had to write and tell if the scenario witnessed was physically possible or not, and why/how! He said we'd all demonstrated we can work problem sets, but he wanted to know of we had a really good grasp of physics! I got 100% on both finals! :)

Off the top of your head (no Google allowed!) what are the common side effects of the chemo drugs called -platin's? I know, from memory!

John Kuthe...

If you're capable of remembering medical side effects of specific drugs why wouldn't he be able to sit down and slam a few lines of code together from memory? And you should really stick to one side of your own argument, flaunt your schooling if you like but when you're unsure of an answer don't fall back on the"oh that was so long ago" then turn right back around and flaunt the degree again, if you don't have a solid grasp on the concepts anymore then don't bring up a now invalid degree, jus sayin. Or do, just let me get more popcorn first.

Hee hee! COOL! Someone who knows a bit about physics and programing in a computer language I'm not really familiar with! You get that all out of a book or a saved file? I'll bet you didn't sit down and generate all that off the top of your head.
I don't do that type of work anymore, but I remain very familiar with the basic concepts. I had a very cool physics professor. For our class finals (Phys I and II) he showed us a compilation of Road Runner and other cartoon scenarios and for our final exam we had to write and tell if the scenario witnessed was physically possible or not, and why/how! He said we'd all demonstrated we can work problem sets, but he wanted to know of we had a really good grasp of physics! I got 100% on both finals! :)

Off the top of your head (no Google allowed!) what are the common side effects of the chemo drugs called -platin's? I know, from memory!

John Kuthe...
I even gave you an easy E&M problem...plenty of symmetry; it makes solving the Laplacian very easy. I even went back and edited it since the original E&M question I asked required recursively using trig identities. ;-)

The code is a snippet (in a language you claimed to have experience using) I wrote for part of the framework of a simulation I was working on. When inserted into the rest of my source code it compiles, runs, and works correctly.

My formal education is in Physics and Computer Science. My official job title is "Scientist with Radar Specialty." This is stuff I know and work with daily, and those are my own creations. So sorry you lost that bet...

Don't claim to know something and not be able to deliver. You responded to boomin with "fancy" words to show off your knowledge under the assumption no one on here would be able to call your bluff...Unfortunately Bullshit walks.

As far as the chemo drug question: I never claimed to know that topic matter, so I don't see your point. Are you trying to point out your strengths lie in memorization over analytical thinking?

At the end of the day I know that I don't know everything. I value much of the knowledge and many of the opinions found on the forum; granted to put it politely some posts are better than others, but the awesome thing is you can take it or leave it, but don't knock it if they are trying to help.

yeah someone constantly posting achievements about ee and cs but not knowing basic I/O, current, posting image links, or car audio install basics would be someone with an ego issue.

yeah someone constantly posting achievements about ee and cs but not knowing basic I/O, current, posting image links, or car audio install basics would be someone with an ego issue.
I know how to adequately fix a cheap Chrysler plastic 5.25" Driver's side dash speaker mount point which broke off! And we didn't even have to pull the windshield although doing so would have made this repair SO much easier!

15326135_1218109504916194_6737675319571365564_o.jpg

Now it's a 6-32 machine screw thread courtesy of a 6-32 RivNut!! I LOVE these RivNuts!! :)

Got both 5.25" dash speakers and tweeters installed. Pics tomorrow when we power up the DSP and amps and see how Baby II sounds now! O-boy! O-boy! O-boy! :)

John Kuthe...

Last edited by a moderator:
Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

JohnKuthe

CarAudio.com Veteran
JohnKuthe
Missouri
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from