My first "Active" "SQ'ish" build attempt.

Hmmm. These seem too small. Usable but small.

Attachments

• 20210119_161444.jpg
    20210119_161444.jpg
    476.6 KB · Views: 164
  • 20210119_170651.jpg
    20210119_170651.jpg
    441.4 KB · Views: 151
They are installed and wired up... mostly. I couldn't get my ARC crossovers out of the doors so I will order a pair to hold me over until I get the amplifiers.

Right off the bat the Infinity Kappa Perfect mids are so much louder than the DD 2.75" mids. Like night and day. Partly because they are for the most part on axis but yeah, they are louder. In a couple of weeks I will order one of the amplifiers for running full active.

20210120-184519.jpg

Cranked the volume knob full tilt today with some Blue Oyster Cult "Cities on Flame With Rock & Roll". First time cranking it with these mids and highs. I couldn't hear any distortion and man is it literally WAY louder than any other previous setup in this car. Those Kappa Perfect 3.5" mids are BEAST!!!

I actually considered heavily running a 3 way kappa perfect setup in my Corvette build I'll be starting soon, but I'm now leaning Alpine X.

I try to allow myself at least ONE non essential purchase a month... otherwise, what am I working for right. I was about to buy a subwoofer but as fate would have it I noticed my left front tire on a delivery and it was bald. It was starting to blister and in parts I saw some shiny bits... the belt. So, I had to buy a damn tire. $110.80 I had set aside as part of the sub fund. Couple more days and I will go ahead and buy the sub. It's a dual 2ohm American Bass 10" sub.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...