My car might be a target...(security question)

bikinpunk
10+ year member

G-g-g-g-g-unity!
Alabama
History: My neighbor (across the street) got his car broken into. Bastards got his cd player, subs, etc. Flashforward to today: My wife is leaving and the kid across the street tells her about his stuff getting stolen and asks about "the black car in the driveway". My wife tells him it's mine and he tells her that I might want to keep an eye on it, because his friends said they saw me taking a subwoofer out one day. Three effing weeks ago I took my sub out for 5 minutes to rewire my RCA's and I'm pegged. I had been locking my trunk via the key near the driver's seat, but I'm starting to wonder if I should buy an alarm now. I had planned to get one someday but not near this soon. I've never played it loud on my street, ever. Windows are tinted, doors are deadened, etc...so the ability to know what I have should be minimal. Still, you never know...

Do you guys think I should get one now, or do you think keeping an eye out and locking the trunk could hold me over? I'm just saying, if you were in my shoes, what would you do?

If yes:

I don't have the first clue about alarm installation and I'm reluctant to take my car anywhere b/c I don't want many people knowing what I have in my car. So, I don't think I wanna do a BB...maybe a local shop (about an hour away).

Any specific brands to look into? Any reasonable price ranges? Should I go with remote start, or no?

This suuuuuucks

wurd! get an alarm. if your car gets broken into the police wont do anything about it. trust me i know from numerous experiences with not only my vehicle but my friends vehicles as well. make sure to get something really loud and unique that way you know its your car going off. I personally will be wiring a semi horn to my alarm should scare the crap outa anyone panning to break in. they also make alarms that have video cameras that record when the alarm is tripped. doubt the ops will do anything with the vid but youll know what they look like (maybe) and possibly run into em sometime:violent:

take everything out of your car and leave it unlocked.
once they see there is nothing in there they will never want to go through your stuff again
That's the thing. Everything is hidden well except for my suboowfer. I have a false floor, midbass, midrange, and tweeter are all hidden by grill cloth or door panel.

I knew at one point I needed to get a decent security system, but now I feel rushed into it.

I like the 9mm idea the most. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

id get a backup battery as well for the alarm ftw so if they somehow manage to cut your battery cable to disable ur alarm it will still go off. and if you deside for a shop to do it make sure its a trusted one cuz round here theres was a place that was known to sell than the installers would go out and steal it and resell it

Russ

Record the serial numbers of amps and HU now too just in case sh1t does go down. Find it at a pawn shop and voila.
People here don't take things to Pawn Shops. They either keep it, or sell it to friends. I've seen it happen to others too many times.

I think I'm going to talk to the kid later. See what he knows and just play it off like I got rid of itsince I'm going to be buying a new car in a couple months. Dunno if it'll help, but you never know. I've been pulling my car up right to my front porch and leaving the lights directed on it.

They actually got his car when they were doing house repair...all outside lights were disabled for a couple weeks and one night "bam"...gone.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.