My 2006 GTO build....*56k=death*

Im not familiar with those cars, is there an easy way for the bass to move from the trunk into the passenger compartment? Id prefer to fire directly into the cabin if possible, especially when doing a sealed setup for SQ.

Looks pretty good man. Hope you are happy with it.

Finally got the custom wall papers to work on this new alpine ipod deck.

DSC09869.jpg

DSC09875.jpg

DSC09876.jpg

nice install..i personally wouldnt run that cap.. i would find another way to filter out noise..but to each his own..looks good...good luck
Why does everyone hate caps here? Running a cap isn't a bad thing....

I bet that Punch 150 is a current hog.
my punch 75 draws alot of current and voltage

Stock alt drops to 12.7 on heavy music bascially running all battery even with car on =(
Well Its not too bad for an a/b amp @ 64% efficiency.

I am running my pro60 off it at 220 rms x2 @ 3ohms.

DSC09715.jpg

Im not familiar with those cars, is there an easy way for the bass to move from the trunk into the passenger compartment? Id prefer to fire directly into the cabin if possible, especially when doing a sealed setup for SQ.
Looks pretty good man. Hope you are happy with it.
Well there is holes in the rear deck for factory sub 6.5" that I have removed.

DSC09870.jpg

nice! love the new GTO. Little brother has one. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

Very clean.
What do you mean the cap is a "noise filter"? Last time i checked the power wires didnt have much to do with noise.

Id sell it locally for $$$.
Irregularities in the DC voltage.

Why does everyone hate caps here? Running a cap isn't a bad thing....
99.9% of the people that use caps in audio installs try to use them for providing significant current (or lack thereof)

I never understood the principle of laying sound deadner/insulator underneath the hood. It may cool the actual hood, but it's re-directing hot air back in to the engine bay and intake which kills power.

I know it's great for a quieter ride, but heat is not an engine's friend...

Very impressive! Any pics of the car?
Diggin' the install from start to finish.
Thanks!!
DSC09896.jpg

DSC09769.jpg

DSC09770.jpg

DSC09894.jpg

DSC09888.jpg

DSC09891.jpg

I never understood the principle of laying sound deadner/insulator underneath the hood. It may cool the actual hood, but it's re-directing hot air back in to the engine bay and intake which kills power.
I know it's great for a quieter ride, but heat is not an engine's friend...
Its pretty simple. The hood retains the heat. This would cause "heat soak" if I didn't use an insulator. Air cools down a lot faster than metal. The hot air escapes through vents in the hood without heating the hood.
i think there could have been a lot better of a job done
Love some more detailed feedback.....

I think it looks like a very nice, clean install. Yes you probably could have done better, but I'm not posting to judge that. Good work bro. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

PS. Awesome car, I used to love to park the brand new ones when they came in. The only good thing about working at a car dealer.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.