My 2006 GTO build....*56k=death*

Love some more detailed feedback.....
the trunk is just not doing it for me. (love the car though) i noticed two different color carpets? used for the amp rack and woofer enclosure. whats up with the cut out on the bottom of the rack? and things could have been hidden more. etc.

also now you got the fiberglassin down, you could have molded the enclosure in to the side of the trunk for a cleaner, stealthy look.

nice install, did your GTO come stock with the HID's?
nope. They are prolumen 55watt 6000k lows and 3000k 35watt fogs.
Very nice and clean install. I love the GTOs
Thanks, I really like the car!

alpine headunit looks nice, need to do some homework on that
I love this new alpine deck. There is a ton of info in this thread about it.
http://www.caraudio.com/forum/showthread.php?t=282847

the trunk is just not doing it for me. (love the car though) i noticed two different color carpets? used for the amp rack and woofer enclosure. whats up with the cut out on the bottom of the rack? and things could have been hidden more. etc.
also now you got the fiberglassin down, you could have molded the enclosure in to the side of the trunk for a cleaner, stealthy look.
Yeah it's almost impossible to find extra match for the gto carpet. I been thinking of just re-doing the whole trunk. As you can see, I have ordered a bunch of colors and those are the closest match. I haven't decided what I plan to do yet but they won't stay those colors. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

The cut at the bottom of the rack is so I can still remove the spare tire. As you can see in the picture the gas tank is right behind my amp rack. There is not much room to hide much but I have my 6 disc change and crossover hidden behind the sub box.

That is the biggest box that can fix in that part of the car. The box is also removable so I can access the spare tire.

Thanks for the feedback. You are right about how I could have spent more time on the trunk but so few people will ever seen it that it seems like a waste of time.

I can't imagine how bad everyone would bash me for my trunk. Its a wire nest lol. But its not done either //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif.

I can't imagine how bad everyone would bash me for my trunk. Its a wire nest lol. But its not done either //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif.
As I have found out over the years....you will never be done!! You will always find something you want to change. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

Thanks!!
DSC09896.jpg

DSC09769.jpg

DSC09770.jpg

DSC09894.jpg

DSC09888.jpg

DSC09891.jpg

Its pretty simple. The hood retains the heat. This would cause "heat soak" if I didn't use an insulator. Air cools down a lot faster than metal. The hot air escapes through vents in the hood without heating the hood.

Nice, very nice car. I personally like the install unlike Azbass. Looks nice and clean yet simple and is not like those cars are install friendly. Good job again.

As I have found out over the years....you will never be done!! You will always find something you want to change. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif
very true... nice install, hope mine looks that good when it's done. i did read the thread but wanted to confirm, the deadener under the hood killed engine noise in the car? if so ima do that sometime on my pathfinder. the engine in that thing is crazy loud...

Nice, very nice car. I personally like the install unlike Azbass. Looks nice and clean yet simple and is not like those cars are install friendly. Good job again.
Thanks

Yeah you don't have much room to work with. I was only able to fit a 1.25 cubic ft box in the trunk. So I had to use about 2 lbs of polyfil.

very true... nice install, hope mine looks that good when it's done. i did read the thread but wanted to confirm, the deadener under the hood killed engine noise in the car? if so ima do that sometime on my pathfinder. the engine in that thing is crazy loud...
If you just want to kill the noise you would just have to use "Dynamat 11905 The Hoodliner." I would only add the dynamat Xtreme if you are worried about heat also.

Back to the muffle question;

The 6.5" hole was enough vent to pass the bass into the cabin? Assuming since your fuel tank is in the trunk (just like mine), that the wall between the trunk and the cabin is steel like the rest of the trunk, correct? That said, the amp rack you did out of mdf, no? It also did not hinder passage of the bass through that little hole in the rear stage? What kind of output do you think you're seeing with respect to what that single sealed woofer would do in a more open install in an SUV or something of the like? I'm very interested in this because I'm curious what my output is going to be like in a very similarly designed car (SC400). Thanks.

Thanks!!

DSC09888.jpg

Its pretty simple. The hood retains the heat. This would cause "heat soak" if I didn't use an insulator. Air cools down a lot faster than metal. The hot air escapes through vents in the hood without heating the hood.

Nice lookin install! Turned out pretty good I must say!!

I only have one bad thing to say,

WTF is with the trailer hitch!?!?! //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crazy.gif.c13912c32de98515d3142759a824dae7.gif

lol jp man, nice lookin car //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/tongue.gif.6130eb82179565f6db8d26d6001dcd24.gif

Back to the muffle question;
The 6.5" hole was enough vent to pass the bass into the cabin? Assuming since your fuel tank is in the trunk (just like mine), that the wall between the trunk and the cabin is steel like the rest of the trunk, correct? That said, the amp rack you did out of mdf, no? It also did not hinder passage of the bass through that little hole in the rear stage? What kind of output do you think you're seeing with respect to what that single sealed woofer would do in a more open install in an SUV or something of the like? I'm very interested in this because I'm curious what my output is going to be like in a very similarly designed car (SC400). Thanks.
Yeah it is pretty loud for a w6. I think one of the main reason is that I have about 75% of the car deadned with the trucking getting over 2 layers of in some places. Outside the car with the windows up you can barely heard any music/bass over the exhaust.
Yes there is a steel cage around the fuel tank and the amp rack is made of 1/2 mdf.

In an more open install it will seem louder and most likely sound better.

My brother brought my other 13w6 and put it in his bmw 5 series. His system sound a little louder but my system even without the imprint sounds a lot better. I really don't think I'm losing much output.

Nice lookin install! Turned out pretty good I must say!!
I only have one bad thing to say,

WTF is with the trailer hitch!?!?! //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crazy.gif.c13912c32de98515d3142759a824dae7.gif

lol jp man, nice lookin car //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/tongue.gif.6130eb82179565f6db8d26d6001dcd24.gif
That is for my jet ski. This car is not my DD so I like being able to take it up to the lake when I take the jet ski out. Plus its fun pulling up to a light with some riced out car and killing it off the line while towing a jet ski....

Yeah it is pretty loud for a w6. I think one of the main reason is that I have about 75% of the car deadned with the trucking getting over 2 layers of in some places. Outside the car with the windows up you can barely heard any music/bass over the exhaust.
Yes there is a steel cage around the fuel tank and the amp rack is made of 1/2 mdf.

In an more open install it will seem louder and most likely sound better.

My brother brought my other 13w6 and put it in his bmw 5 series. His system sound a little louder but my system even without the imprint sounds a lot better. I really don't think I'm losing much output.
Well that makes me feel better. I have about 76sq that im going to use on the trunk and the doors and whatever else on the car itself. Ill get more if need be, but that should get me started. My rear stage has 2 4" speakers and a factory 10" that I will be removing, so given what you just said, that should probably be enough ventilation for my purposes, plus I'll be doing 2 12" which should increase output a little as well. Nice. I guess making an amp rack there shouldn't hinder me too much either. I'm really glad you posted this install because it just dispelled a few of my fears. Thank you. And if I didn't say it already, car looks good, install and all. Props.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.