2006 GMC Sierra Front door speaker wiring

GeorgeLG

CarAudio.com Newbie
I have a 2006 GMC Sierra 1500 with separate mid woofers and tweeters in the front doors. Can someone tell me how this is wired back to the factory head unit. Are both wire pairs just in parallel or is there a crossover back towards the head unit or is it bi-amped? I am trying to figure out how to get a full spectrum speaker signal so I can use an upgraded crossover/mid woofer/tweeter. Thanks,

George

That's part of the NBS model. I know some of those the door speakers were wired in series.

Either way that head unit is something like 17 watts or less. The easy option is to get a new head unit, new door speakers that either run off an amp, or a head unit that is at least 40w RMS if you don't want an amp, then either way run new wire. What are your build intentions?

And if you have a Bose system, its even more stupid. The bose amp is junk, and the speakers are funky ohm rating. If you have a bose sytem, then either go replace the factory part that is bad, (which is still a waste), or take it all out, and start fresh.

Last edited:
Is it similar to a vhs player? How do i set it for maximum sounds...i really need your help/expertise! I have 120 volts now, but all i get is smoke from the cheese. My spare tire is grounded to the HU for maximum amp watts because my signal light was causing too much treble and not enough midrange

Last edited:
Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...