Most Respected Forum Members / Influential Members

Certainly the people I respect and have determined to be well-educated in the field can sway my final decisions on what products to buy

I’m doing a little research on what influences people to do certain things such as buy or sell products. Car Audio.com seemed like a good place to ask these questions too.
1. Who are the most respected members of the forum? (Say Top 5 or Top 10)

2. Why do you respect these people? (Don’t have to list why for each person, unless you want too. Can give group answers.)

3. Can these people influence you to buy a certain product or would you take there word if you are choosing between Brand A vs. Brand B?

Thanks for the input,

Nick Wright

Incriminator Audio
#1 (knowledge)

Ramos, Zane, Jmac, Squeak, and Jimj

#1a (Friends)

Djman, Bassmekanik, Ngsm, ~magic_man~, Megalomaniac, Chevyaudio, Alpineinstaller...This list could go on forever...

#2 I respect these guys, because I know that they know their stuff. I know that they have put many, many hours into helping others on this and many other forums. Without these type guys the info about car audio spread here would be worthless.

#2a I respect these guys because I have met them personally and they are all definatly good guys.

#3 Yes and No...I would "listen" to their opinions, I might be swayed if it truely was a toss up, but I think that I listen to my own thoughts and ideas on a brand, do a bit of reading, and then try to find the best for me. So to a point...yes, they could influence me into a purchase.

P.S. Even though I dont deserve to be mentioned, seing my name in this thread makes me all warm and fuzzy inside...maybe its just the crown? //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

snoop dan, been talking with him for years, helped me out with car audio more then anyone i have ever known, he knows pretty much anythng about anything, specally spl, real trust worthy guy, lucky to be alive, - dave

Mark_Ab

Ramos

Steve

Zane

lloyd

mmray13 though hes not here much

Theres a few more I'm missing

These people I think carry a better demeanor than most members. I prefer people that don't degrade other members on a daily basis for any reason. These people also don't live here which is required to get respect because if you have no life then you mean nothing...to me.

I would and still do listen to these people when they talk, and I would take their recommendations quite seriously because I don't claim to or never will know everything.

It's not hard to look around this forum and others to figure out what works and what doesn't. There is a broad list of products that are top of the line. You just need to pick them out based on what will work for you and what you like. Sure input helps, but you are building something for your enjoyment, therefore it should be something you want not necessarily something someone else thinks is good. But to answer the question, when I actually paid attention and learned a thing or two, the most knowledgable and helpful were Zane and Ramos. Steve and some others weren't really known at the time, and RM was still in diapers.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.