Most Respected Forum Members / Influential Members

Incriminator
10+ year member

Sub Designer
Alabama
I’m doing a little research on what influences people to do certain things such as buy or sell products. Car Audio.com seemed like a good place to ask these questions too.

1. Who are the most respected members of the forum? (Say Top 5 or Top 10)

2. Why do you respect these people? (Don’t have to list why for each person, unless you want too. Can give group answers.)

3. Can these people influence you to buy a certain product or would you take there word if you are choosing between Brand A vs. Brand B?

Thanks for the input,

Nick Wright

Incriminator Audio

1. All the old tymers, they know who they are and *cough* people who give me free stuff *cough*

2. Theyve been in the scene for a long time, they know how it all works. This only applies to people who i know have been doing it. I trust them and their oppinions to not be biased.

3. Yes, but just about anyone can do that.

1) I listen to anyone who can reccomend a sub for my app. If I am looking at new subs I go to ssa or cs.com., as this forum is a little behind on that kind of stuff because we don't allow vendor forums.

2) I listen to lloyd because he actually tests the stuff w/o bias (to my knowledge) not just reccomended on what works for him like I do. I am 10x more likely to buy based on a test vs. some bs in the forum if the test is similar to my app. If not, I ask around to those who test with similar objectives as simine.

3) Yes. Why would any average person choose an internet brand that no one they know has ever heard of and they can't hear for themselves. I bought the Q because the people who represented them spoke good english (that is more important than john q. manufacturer could ever understand) and they tested and have "real life" experiences to back up thier claim. If the test was more subjective (like SQ) I wouldn't listen to lloyd as much but listen to someone who had more similar tastes in music. I am just glad to listen to a couple subs to contribute where I can.

1)

bigbassloyd

denim

ngsm

jmac

and me...//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/blackeye.gif.66a1670f5aaf7f406e783a63e3387dc5.gif

2) because they are knowledgable and honest...and thats really the only reason

3) if loyd or denim said one product is better than the other then ill believe them. if you want someone to sell a product, they are the guys in my opinion. they just have that trust factor i guess. to me jmac is more of a knowledge bank which is good too cause he always posts up good info as well. and of course me cause im awesome.

1)bigbassloyd

denim

ngsm

jmac

and me...//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/blackeye.gif.66a1670f5aaf7f406e783a63e3387dc5.gif

2) because they are knowledgable and honest...and thats really the only reason

3) if loyd or denim said one product is better than the other then ill believe them. if you want someone to sell a product, they are the guys in my opinion. they just have that trust factor i guess. to me jmac is more of a knowledge bank which is good too cause he always posts up good info as well. and of course me cause im awesome.
I would hope you respect yourself...

I was serious. When Scott gave away a couple free subs it really helped him out as more "regular" members such as myself are able to compare subs on a level that jntar and such can't. Not because they are dumb but because they are above the average consumer.

I can tell you that the ssd is louder than the q in my app. I know that lloyd tested different and frankly I don't care.

I hope my comments help you gain some insights in that is not always "most respected, et al" that helps gain sales. It may help that average joe with average joe testing may help as well.

just top of my head i would say

6spdcoupe

squeak9798

DBfan187

all these guy gave me great advice in the past.

BTW, whos scott?? i wanna free sub lol

Capt'n Canada

bigbassman

ngsm

jmac

denim

anyone else who is considered an old timer

They have all been around for quite a long time and know what they are talking about

They would not influence me in any way to buy a certain product. I am a little biased as you should know by now anyway, Nick //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

audiolife i believe is his name...

iceteebone

jntar

snoopdan

etc.

oh and me... for my lack of knowledge in this field but being as honest as possible //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.