Line Driver question...?????

Participant count
  • Participant list

Sythlord79
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
DFW, TX
I recently installed a 500/1 JL amp and a 10w7 sub. I think it sounds pretty **** good compared to the 10w3 I had. The shop said by adding a Line Driver it would almost double the output of the 10w7.

Is this true? or am I getting sucker'd into buying something I really dont need? and whats the usual install price on this?

Thanks for the help!

I recently installed a 500/1 JL amp and a 10w7 sub. I think it sounds pretty **** good compared to the 10w3 I had. The shop said by adding a Line Driver it would almost double the output of the 10w7.
Is this true? or am I getting sucker'd into buying something I really dont need? and whats the usual install price on this?

Thanks for the help!
you're being ****** harder then a pimps dick. the only way to double power is to get an amp that's double the size

Assuming he set the gains properly, a line driver will do nothing to help the output //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Ok so what are the benefits of a line driver? should I have one installed?
none. your amp has a gain for a reason. a line driver just boosts the preout voltage so that means you don't have to turn your gains up. properly set your gains and you're good

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.