Monsoon system gutting, some ?'s on replacement pieces.

Participant count
  • Participant list

Dextar

Wi
Hey everyone, so it's come to the point where my 05 Pontiac G6 is just about paid off and I'm tired of not having a working cd player. I've been doing quite a bit of research and I've decided I'm going to gut the radio and the monsoon speakers/amp and just run all new wire. Now that being said I know what components I need to keep my steering wheel controls and to keep alarms and such but I could use some help from the experts about head units, components and 6x9's.

So I think the head unit I've decided on is going to be the Pioneer AVHX8500BHS. I looked at the AppRadio 3 but I've been reading and some people have compatibility issues with android phones (I have a GS3 and I'll likely upgrade to the GS5 next year) and I looked at the Clarion NX702 but the price was just too high for the same features. Are there any others you can recommend that would be better? It doesn't HAVE to have integration from my phone but I want to be able to answer a call without picking up my phone and stream music with pandora/through my phone if I don't use a CD.

As for speakers, I was thinking of buying the Alpine SPR-60C components for the front, it seems like a lot of people don't mind them and they aren't a bad choice but there are others that they like more. (I looked up the Image Dynamics CTX which are basically the same price of the Alpines)

Rear 6x9 I was going to go with matching Alpine SPR-69 speakers, pretty much just to match the front set. I'm planning on powering the front and the back with a 400w amp (MRX-F65).

I'd like to keep the budget under 200 each a set, the best bang for my buck situation. My monsoon system is obviously not like having subs but it has some acceptable bass. I won't be pairing this up with a sub as I have two kids and NO room for them. I would appreciate any input on the system I picked out. I like to have bass that hits pretty decently for rear speakers, I listen to all types of music and sometimes I like to get a little thump on.

I apologize for coming off as a newbie, I did research but everyone is torn on what they like. The Alpines have great reviews and that's the main reason I picked them, I haven't had a decent system in probably ten years now so I have no idea what are good names anymore, except Alpine and Rockford Fosgate.

So I guess after reading the forums more people seem to love the Image Dynamics CTX-6.5CS, I'm fine with getting those but everything says they won't fit in my car. Since I'm completely redoing the wiring I'm just not sure if they will fit because of the wires or they just won't mount depth wise.

Now that being said if I get the ID CTX speakers, what's the best bet for my rear deck? a 2/3 way 6x9 or to get a component set? Like I said I'd like to get some thump for it. I'm not brand loyal, I want the best bang for my buck.. please help. >.

Possibly pair the CTX-69 to go with the fronts?

http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_22336_Image-Dynamics-CTX-69.html

What about this for an amp? This is more power than the Alpine for less cost, would allow me to run 125w to each ID speaker.

http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_40254_NVX-JAD800.4.html

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.