Upgrading my dad's ford Escape

Participant count
  • Participant list
Ok so my dad wants to upgrade. He doesnt wanna fool with an amp install. I know. I know. Get an amp. But he's only gonna have the car for a couple years anyway and just wants to upgrade the HU and door speakers.

Budget- around $300.

Car takes 5x7/6x8 in the front and back.

Planning on putting 6.5's with adapter for fronts as main ones and using 6x8s in the rear for fill/some midbass.

This is what i'm looking at:

Pioneer Deh-P8400BH - $150 crutchfield (free install kit, $25 off pioneer speakers)

Pioneer 6x8 TS-G6844R

Polk DB651s for fronts

I tried to pick ones that have high sensitivity to get the most out of HU power.

Hopefully it should be fine off just the HU, hes not looking to get crazy loud or anything. I was thinking absolute worst case if they sound weak, i can add an Alpine Power Pack and give it a boost.

Suggestions? Comments?

your not gonna get much bass running off the head unit with aftermarket speakers. I'd keep the stock speakers and just put in the new head unit, it'll probably sound better than aftermarkets if your not going to add an amp.

i'd throw the 6x8's in the front doors too for that midbass you're looking for. you'll hear it a lot better being that your ear will catch it since our ears are designed to hear sounds from in front of us lol

also those polks will sound really muffled because they are rated at 110 rms, head unit power aint gonna cut it.
They're rated at 6-55W RMS... And the sensitivity is 92dB, which with my understanding would allow them to be louder with less power.

Just put a set in my dads truck. I don't like the crossover design for them but they sound good.
I only used the x-over on the tweeters.Ran the other off amp power.Definately worth the money.I still have em.Got rid of the car..lol

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.