mobile dynamics vs installer institute

Originally posted by qxfosgatesvt what one is a better school, im looking to get the most out of my learning when i attend,

also is it a good career move?
I can think of a helluva lot better ways to spend my hard earned money just to get basic MECP and a couple months of experience.

The only real benefit is that you get some overpriced hands on and fabrication skills. All the classroom work is done via the same couple of books. If you have the money to throw away it doesn't really matter which school. They are all basically the same.

There are alternatives to going to a hands-on school or just reading a couple of books that may be way out of date. Check out Mobile Dynamics Online at mobiledynamics.com. You get books (downloaded as pdf's), educational videos, quizzes, tests, and a live instructor to help you learn the subjects. All this at a great price.

Went to installer institute.. I didn't pay for it though. I aced the MECP without even needing the class room work. Learned some nice fab skills, but better off getting in shop experience and taking the MECP on your own.

Yea man just start hangin around here and caraudioclassifieds.org. Hang around shops and research ohms law and whatnot online. I wasted a time and ruined my life at Metro Auto Electronics and il never recommend a school for car audio. I know ur thinking u love playing w speakers and u jus Wunna know everything about them but the schools are Justa buncha grumpy money hungry Jews and most likely Ul end up in classes full of ex-convicts and Wunna b gangsters. Trust us... Don't ruin ur life or waste ur time n money. An easy start is to get a car, figure out wut u Wunna do w it and start askin Alotta dumb questions round the forums. I've learned more for free on here then I ever did in school and I got the highest grade on the MECP in my class... And I knew nothing

There are alternatives to going to a hands-on school or just reading a couple of books that may be way out of date. Check out Mobile Dynamics Online at mobiledynamics.com. You get books (downloaded as pdf's), educational videos, quizzes, tests, and a live instructor to help you learn the subjects. All this at a great price.
Went to installer institute.. I didn't pay for it though. I aced the MECP without even needing the class room work. Learned some nice fab skills, but better off getting in shop experience and taking the MECP on your own.
Yea man just start hangin around here and caraudioclassifieds.org. Hang around shops and research ohms law and whatnot online. I wasted a time and ruined my life at Metro Auto Electronics and il never recommend a school for car audio. I know ur thinking u love playing w speakers and u jus Wunna know everything about them but the schools are Justa buncha grumpy money hungry Jews and most likely Ul end up in classes full of ex-convicts and Wunna b gangsters. Trust us... Don't ruin ur life or waste ur time n money. An easy start is to get a car, figure out wut u Wunna do w it and start askin Alotta dumb questions round the forums. I've learned more for free on here then I ever did in school and I got the highest grade on the MECP in my class... And I knew nothing
Way to respond to an 8 year old thread. . .//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/rolleyes.gif.c1fef805e9d1464d377451cd5bc18bfb.gif

how does one become mecp certified?
You have to pass the testing material.

A little trivia, I was the first student for Installer Institute. Well, one of the 4 or 5 of us that were in the very first classes. Back then my father worked for Metra as a machinist (he made the molds for MANY of the mid 80's thru late 90's h/u install kits), so when Metra decided to open a school (Metra owns I.I. btw), I was able to take the classes for free. This was.... 1991-1992'ish. Ours was the first classes, me, the owners' of Metras little brother, and 3 or 4 kids from the west coast. Since I was local and the people at Metra/I.I. knew me, I helped them set up a lot of the equipment and stuff. I wouldn't have paid to take the classes, because Ive always felt a career as an installer was a saturated job market.

Mobile Dynamics has stopped their hands-on schools, and a new company and owner (worked as their Director of Education and lead instructor) has moved their training online. The new company is called Mobile Dynamics Online and the price has been reduced dramatically. The benefits of an online program is that students that have some hands-on skills can obtain the in-depth knowledge and best practices of the Mobile Electronic Installation Industry without paying the high cost of traditional hands-on training.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.