Image dynamics id 8

I guess what I'm really asking is is there that much of a gain using an aeroport?
It would just work out better in my situation. If I were to make a box that is 1.7 cubes, my gross/net would basically be the same(minus sub displacement). Due to my port being external. If I were to use a slot port, my box would need to be 1.7 plus like another .3 cubs for port displacement therefore needing more space. So my gain would be not needing as much space.

Ok, I’m pretty much sure this is what I’m going with. Someone is selling plans to make this box but I think I’m capable of making it without the plans. I will build my box according to what air space I need and add in additional pieces. I think the visual is all I need, I hope,lol. Not sure where I’ll face my subs but I’ll figure it out.
CCCA3DAD-BADD-4ABE-8345-CDB241DC5D4C.jpeg
203F2C41-508E-4B80-9816-6C39D015D3E5.jpeg
B2595BE6-A1A9-4EFE-9FA6-C669558E4EBB.jpeg
5EF949CF-9FC8-4C33-88EF-221C93995FAA.jpeg

Ok, I’m pretty much sure this is what I’m going with. Someone is selling plans to make this box but I think I’m capable of making it without the plans. I will build my box according to what air space I need and add in additional pieces. I think the visual is all I need, I hope,lol. Not sure where I’ll face my subs but I’ll figure it out. View attachment 43526View attachment 43527View attachment 43528View attachment 43529
Nice!! Hopefully whatever sits in the Cup rest has a lid on it.. LOL. Looks Nice

I’m screwing around with radiators now. I have my little 8 inch in a radiator box using 2 10 inch radiators tuned to 28 HZ. A more traditional way of doing this is to use a single 12 inch radiator. This 8 Im using has a ton of xmax, but most 8s could get away with using a single 10 inch radiator. 4 8 inch subwoofers and 2 12 inch radiators would be a cool setup. Air space and weighting for radiator setups can be done a couple of different ways. A sealed box air space size with a really low tuned radiator (25 HZ or so), or a ported box air space size with radiators tuned at a more traditional 30-40 HZ box tuning. What I really like is being able to tune a small box to a super low tuning without the giant port or any port noise. I’m ordering dual 12 inch radiators for my single 15 to play with next.

Just came across this, @SlugButter or anyone else have any thoughts? I would definitely give it a shot if I had the room.

Just came across this, @SlugButter or anyone else have any thoughts? I would definitely give it a shot if I had the room.

It's just an external passive radiator.

I could swear Ive seen those years ago. I wouldnt waste money on it

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...