Image Dynamics?

Actually that would turn me off of that company if they lie about the specs. I figured a nice 1000 watt rms amp would do it and then to find out it won't work as well. Glad I posted this here. Ty
They are not "lying" about their equipment. Most quality builders leave head room on their subs so if you F something up and throw too much power at them they will survive. Then you have some guys who like to push them to the max and will figure out the limit. Most quality subs will play at their "max" level for short bursts, which are called SPL burps. If you have SQ in mind and want longevity always go by the rms value, builders make this the set point where the sub will play its best with the clearest sound and maximum spl at the same time without failure.

They are not "lying" about their equipment. Most quality builders leave head room on their subs so if you F something up and throw too much power at them they will survive. Then you have some guys who like to push them to the max and will figure out the limit. Most quality subs will play at their "max" level for short bursts, which are called SPL burps. If you have SQ in mind and want longevity always go by the rms value, builders make this the set point where the sub will play its best with the clearest sound and maximum spl at the same time without failure.
Agreed. I love SQ but I'm a basshead at heart

So the 1000×1 at 1 ohm into 1 idmax 15 would work fine?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...