Image dynamics id 8

Ridinhi
5,000+ posts

CarAudio.com Veteran
Hey guys, tried many setups in my single cab and some worked better than others. I finally got my front stage sounding pretty satisfying (to my ears).
So, I want to switch it up as far as bass. I want to try a sealed setup with quad 6.5’ or 8’s behind seats. Id8 comes to mind. Any thoughts on if they would work well and if they would sound ok? Not looking for something like a ported setup will give. Just want some good sounding bass that would get decently loud to blend well with my front stage.
frint stage consist of infinity kappa perfect mids and xovers paired with cdt drt26 tweets. Amp is nvx vad 8402
Power for subs is ct sounds 2000.1
Any input is appreciated even if it’s to tell me it’s a dumb idea.

I’ve had ID’s and IDQ’s back in the day. Never liked the low end output on those subs (lacking) and output overall wasn’t my cup of tea. They are clean and tight so it comes down to what kind of bass you like imo. With the power you have be careful which I’m sure you already know.

My next sq setup will be 4 savard hi-q 6m5s in 2.5 at 34hz at least that's the plan for the moment. A natural f3 of 29.8hz and a normalized f3 of26hz with cabin gain should do me fine plan is ssf at 25hz and lpf at 63hz may bump the hpf up to 70hz depending on if the 60hz null ends up showing up.

The id8s I'm sure sound great, the old green basket ones did, but the only sub I'd consider in a sealed enslosure other than the sundown sd-sd4 is a stereo integrity hst but those only come in 12 and 15.

I’ve had ID’s and IDQ’s back in the day. Never liked the low end output on those subs (lacking) and output overall wasn’t my cup of tea. They are clean and tight so it comes down to what kind of bass you like imo. With the power you have be careful which I’m sure you already know.
Gotcha. I could wire my amp to 2 ohms for less power.

My next sq setup will be 4 savard hi-q 6m5s in 2.5 at 34hz at least that's the plan for the moment. A natural f3 of 29.8hz and a normalized f3 of26hz with cabin gain should do me fine plan is ssf at 25hz and lpf at 63hz may bump the hpf up to 70hz depending on if the 60hz null ends up showing up.

The id8s I'm sure sound great, the old green basket ones did, but the only sub I'd consider in a sealed enslosure other than the sundown sd-sd4 is a stereo integrity hst but those only come in 12 and 15.
If I could find a deal on some sd3’s id go for them. They are slightly less mounting depth than the sd4( I think so). Space is crucial behind the seats. Also, would .5 mdf work verses .75?

If I could find a deal on some sd3’s id go for them. They are slightly less mounting depth than the sd4( I think so). Space is crucial behind the seats. Also, would .5 mdf work verses .75?

I have used .5 pine ply in the past but I added a few .75 cross braces to stiffin up the large panels.

Lots of people have used 1inch dowel rod as well.

And yea the sd4 8 is a bit deeper. Look on Facebook marketplace you might find some for a deal but at $100/sub or less I don't know how much performance you will get.

I have used .5 pine ply in the past but I added a few .75 cross braces to stiffin up the large panels.

Lots of people have used 1inch dowel rod as well.

And yea the sd4 8 is a bit deeper. Look on Facebook marketplace you might find some for a deal but at $100/sub or less I don't know how much performance you will get.
Gotcha. And like I said, I am not expecting output of a ported enclosure. Just something to blend in with my front stage. And being having 4 subs (although sealed), should make enough bass. I hope,lol

Another thought guys, I would go ported because these subs would allow for a small enclosure and fit behind my seat. Ct sounds meso 6.5’s. I could do four in 1cube net. According to tc sounds. I chat with them to confirm this because if the small box but they said that is what they recommend.

2 cubes net would be perfect for 4 6.5s with 2 3inch aeros.

You could also do 2 8s in the same space or even 1 12 ported
Guess I was wanting to do sealed because of my available air space.
although Ct sounds suggest a cube for 4 meso 6.5’s, you think that is too small?
I could do more space but not behinds my seats. Don’t want to use any space between my seats for The reason that I will prob build a center console and incorporate armrest.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...