Midrange placement - where are yours?

0430101213.jpg

Why? Something to be said for a .75" pld //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Path length difference. Wanted the car to stage from either seat //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

my kicks resulted in zero loss of foot well space. i had a vented floor cavity for the midbass, and the midrange used the frame cavity.

accordkickmids033.jpg

accord2010kicks002.jpg

Accord_Apillar008.jpg

Copyofpasskickdeadenedclose.jpg

Copyofpasskickozclose.jpg

i've recently stopped running the side mids and moved the 4" mid to where the 6.5" is, and moved to a 6.5" in the door.

IMG_1243.jpg

passdoordeadening049.jpg

the why?

PLD is important. ITD and IID are also important. airspace is also important. and i didn't want bulging kicks, i think they are hideous.

i moved away from the side mid due to off axis response up to 5kHz. i wanted a 5kHz (or thereabouts) so my tweeters were in the range of IID and not ITD. I mounted my tweeters off axis to assist with IID. i do not need separate T/A on my tweeters. i due have separate T/A for the mids and midbass (due to door locations).

Path length difference. Wanted the car to stage from either seat //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif
ah, I know what path length difference is and why it's important - just didn't know the abbreviation.

what's IID and ITD?

IID = Interaural intensity difference

ITD = Interaural time difference

//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

i built custom pods on the dash for my midds and tweets works well
Mr. Delgado's car is indeed pretty **** nice. I haven't heard it in 3 or four years though //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Where do you run your midrange speakers? How many and what type?
Door? Dash? Pillars? Kicks?

Don't forget to explain WHY you run them there.
Im not reading everything...but its probably been mentioned the Kicks are your best location because that is the best place in a vehicle to acheive close to equal sound wave paths....other locations will work using time alignment to shorten or increase the sound wave....time alignment is also a plus even using the kicks ...the object is to get both sides arriving to your hearing at the same time ....also positioning speakers so they aim at ypu is a plus...I use laser alignment on mine....

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.