Midrange placement - where are yours?

Guess I'll go

For my front stage, I've got three midranges on the dash.

A 3" midrange on the left side, a 3" midrange on the right side, and a 4" midrange for the center channel.

I have them on the dash to improve stage height. I had considered kicks because it would help to equalize path lengths, but my kick locations aren't suitable. I had considered pillars but I am afraid my fiberglass skills aren't up to par yet. They might be in the future.

How about you?

Guess I'll go
For my front stage, I've got three midranges on the dash.

A 3" midrange on the left side, a 3" midrange on the right side, and a 4" midrange for the center channel.

I have them on the dash to improve stage height. I had considered kicks because it would help to equalize path lengths, but my kick locations aren't suitable. I had considered pillars but I am afraid my fiberglass skills aren't up to par yet. They might be in the future.

How about you?
I have 4" in the dash, both sides of course. No middle. But for the same reason why I didn't do the pillars. I might do the kicks. I did however put the tweeters in the tweeters and wanted them to be close. It can get loud and it raised the music high. I like it overall.....but it's a little weird when something on the left side only is playing. I got used to it.

I have 4" in the dash, both sides of course. No middle. But for the same reason why I didn't do the pillars. I might do the kicks. I did however put the tweeters in the tweeters and wanted them to be close. It can get loud and it raised the music high. I like it overall.....but it's a little weird when something on the left side only is playing. I got used to it.
Dave, this is wheresthebutta. I'm waiting on a name change, I haven't been on this site in ages =)

@ Julio, yes I run a SQ setup

What kind of hu u have>?
I use an Addzest Hx-D1. It's basically a Mcintosh design, but the head unit is made by clarion and marketed under their Japanese name - which is Addzest.

Anyway, if you want to know what gear I run shoot me a PM, I don't want to go too off topic here.

My mids are in my doors in the stock location and my tweeters are up near the sails on the piece of plastic by the sideview mirrors. Soundstage is about as high as the tweeters are, so just under ear level.

I have markaudio chr70 4' inch mids in my A-pillars.

They are widerange, no tweeter.

I really like having the voices coming from the center of my dash.

I can turn my head left to right & my centering on my dash doesn't change.

My setup is active.

Mids= HP at 200hz-slope 6.

I have thought of going back to kicks.

I'm looking at the newer Markaudio mids & running maybe 2 per side.

I may run one in the door & the other one in the A-pillars

I have markaudio chr70 4' inch mids in my A-pillars.They are widerange, no tweeter.

I really like having the voices coming from the center of my dash.

I can turn my head left to right & my centering on my dash doesn't change.

My setup is active.

Mids= HP at 200hz-slope 6.

I have thought of going back to kicks.

I'm looking at the newer Markaudio mids & running maybe 2 per side.

I may run one in the door & the other one in the A-pillars
midbass?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.