Midrange placement - where are yours?

I pulled my midbass driver out of the kick pannels and went into the doors for several reasons ...

more air space without shooting a hole through the outside of the vehicle ... I have a work truck, venting through the bottom would let water in while at work ...

better left and right separation ... made things more distinct and accurate ... and better aiming matched the tweeters ...

Drivers basically came "alive" in the doors ...

putting the 5.25 in the center channel (at a VERY low level) just seemed to bring everything together and enhance stage and image ...

the tweeters in the rear was installed to enhace the stage and image also ... creating more width to the listeners (2 seat judging) ...

all of this done WITHOUT time alignment and processing ... and basically flat EQ ...

thanks Randal! i hope to hear your truck at an event one day. i just need to travel south.

i am impressed with vehicles that can create a sound stage without relying on time alignment. and to create a 2-seat sound stage is the goal.

thanks Randal! i hope to hear your truck at an event one day. i just need to travel south.
i am impressed with vehicles that can create a sound stage without relying on time alignment. and to create a 2-seat sound stage is the goal.
Yes Sir !!! Good to chat with you again !!!

I really need to get this truck painted before I start showing it again ... working out of it and daily driving punishment is really taking a toll on it ...

I'm looking for another truck to drive and give this thing some down time ... I have enought deadner to finish the cab, but there is other stuff (non car audio) I want to do to it in the process ... Just got to find the time and money ...

I absolutely loved the sound in his truck. Though I am by no means an expert(recently started learning about SQ a year ago, after hearing Randal's truck) I really think you would be impressed Keep_Hope_Alive. I am gonna start fabricating some kick panels to see if I like the difference over my stock speaker locations. I want more mid, but overkill(too many speakers) isn't necessary as long as the installation and attention to detail is done, from what I have heard.

I absolutely loved the sound in his truck. Though I am by no means an expert(recently started learning about SQ a year ago, after hearing Randal's truck) I really think you would be impressed Keep_Hope_Alive. I am gonna start fabricating some kick panels to see if I like the difference over my stock speaker locations. I want more mid, but overkill(too many speakers) isn't necessary as long as the installation and attention to detail is done, from what I have heard.
WOW !!! Good to hear from you again Sir !!!

Thank you !!! Can't wait to see you at the next competition !!!

You need to hear Herman's Truck ... Almost the same as yours !!! Might give you some ideas on your install ...

Good to hear from you too Mr. Randal! I remember his truck at World Finals, but I never had the pleasure to listen to it though. I have a lot to learn before i get into the SQ competitions, but I still go to shows every now and then. I built that box i was talking about, it's a modified T-Line for a 10" sub.

10-18-2011006.jpg

It sounds pretty darn good with just a cheapie sub in it, so I know it will sound amazing when I get the sub in it that it was built for.

I really want to try moving my mids to the kick-panel, but if it sounds good is another thing all together. What are Herman's mounting locations? If I remember right, he has them stock?

I pulled my midbass driver out of the kick pannels and went into the doors for several reasons ...more air space without shooting a hole through the outside of the vehicle ... I have a work truck, venting through the bottom would let water in while at work ...

better left and right separation ... made things more distinct and accurate ... and better aiming matched the tweeters ...

Drivers basically came "alive" in the doors ...

putting the 5.25 in the center channel (at a VERY low level) just seemed to bring everything together and enhance stage and image ...

the tweeters in the rear was installed to enhace the stage and image also ... creating more width to the listeners (2 seat judging) ...

all of this done WITHOUT time alignment and processing ... and basically flat EQ ...
How are your rear tweeters aimed?

He was asking about rear tweeters. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif but maybe he doesn't want to show his imaging secret.

since this truck has a cut up kick from the previous Blues woofer, but now you are using the door - does this allow you to compete outside of MOD-EX? even though you cut metal, if you aren't using it, do you still have to compete in that category?

Oh ... Sorry about that guys ...

They are behind the driver and passenger / in front of the rear seat listeners on the b-pillars ...

26203464101_large.jpg

26203464105_large.jpg

KHA ... I'm not sure about that Moddex class in MECA ...

I never "Vented" my kick pannel area, so I just went to the junk yard and reinstalled factory kick pannels ...

I think it is because my wall is cut for my sub enclosure (blow thru) ...

26203460091_large.jpg

26203460047_large.jpg

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.