Mid Frequency enhancement suggestions needed

Participant count
  • Participant list

RushX1

Greetings All,

This is kind of an all around question as I am noticing some areas that have changed in my listening experience.
I recently upgraded my sub amp to a Kenwood XR601-1 which has a separate dial to adjust. This Amp is special as my sub finally came alive.
The thing I have noticed now is the difference in tonality. It is a lot of bass, too much to be exact. I try and balance with the dial the sub pending different songs and genres of music. Some I can have it full throttle and others I have to cut it down to half.
Now, when I hit my head unit to 25 I begin noticing the distortion and that is generally where I have to play with the gain.
Interestingly enough, when my head unit hits a gain of 28-30 all of a sudden my C2's come alive and become brighter.

With all that said, I am striving for a balance. I love equal parts of highs mids and lows. This is also the reason I went with the momo's in the back in order to enhance the mids. My question is this. Is there anything I can do to bridge all of these frequencies and balance the tones?
As of right now I have no deadening treatment. At first thought I thought this might help to isolate but unsure whether it would enhance the mids or if the overall package wouldn't be enhanced.

Any suggestions would greatly help!

Current lineup :
JVC KW-V40BT
JL Audio 12W6 Sub
JL Audio C2 component
Polk Audio Momo Db1 (rear)

Amps:
Kenwood XR601-1
Polk Audio PA D4000.4

A couple things may help since your headunit doesn’t have really advancing tuning capabilities.
-Sound treat your front doors to Improve midbass response
-Those rear coaxials may be too loud and playinf too much high frequencies...it’s a imaging thing. Adjust gain in those rear channels

A couple things may help since your headunit doesn’t have really advancing tuning capabilities.
-Sound treat your front doors to Improve midbass response
-Those rear coaxials may be too loud and playinf too much high frequencies...it’s a imaging thing. Adjust gain in those rear channels
Thanks for the tips! Appreciate it!

Greetings All,

This is kind of an all around question as I am noticing some areas that have changed in my listening experience.
I recently upgraded my sub amp to a Kenwood XR601-1 which has a separate dial to adjust. This Amp is special as my sub finally came alive.
The thing I have noticed now is the difference in tonality. It is a lot of bass, too much to be exact. I try and balance with the dial the sub pending different songs and genres of music. Some I can have it full throttle and others I have to cut it down to half.
Now, when I hit my head unit to 25 I begin noticing the distortion and that is generally where I have to play with the gain.
Interestingly enough, when my head unit hits a gain of 28-30 all of a sudden my C2's come alive and become brighter.

With all that said, I am striving for a balance. I love equal parts of highs mids and lows. This is also the reason I went with the momo's in the back in order to enhance the mids. My question is this. Is there anything I can do to bridge all of these frequencies and balance the tones?
As of right now I have no deadening treatment. At first thought I thought this might help to isolate but unsure whether it would enhance the mids or if the overall package wouldn't be enhanced.

Any suggestions would greatly help!

Current lineup :
JVC KW-V40BT
JL Audio 12W6 Sub
JL Audio C2 component
Polk Audio Momo Db1 (rear)

Amps:
Kenwood XR601-1
Polk Audio PA D4000.4
To be completely honest. To get the best result. You need to setup your audio system properly to modern day standards for SQ.
Meaning getting rid of the rear speakers, getting rid of that head unit that has literally no tuning capabilities, get one with active network capabilities and then you can start to reorganize your system properly and actually get proper sound out of your gear. Yes getting rid of the rear speakers will massively improve soundstage along with giving your front speakers the power they crave. This is the modern day meta for a damn good reason.

Active networks allow you to adjust tweeter and midrange volume independently along with crossover points so you get the best blend possible between sub, mid and tweeter because just having it on a passive crossover like you are right now is just gambling on whether the speakers can work okay in your car or not. Going active makes sure your speakers are working at 100% efficiency for maximum clarity and loudness and as you say "balance".

This involves using your 4 channel to amp the tweeter on a pair of channels and the midrange on the other pair of channels. The head unit will be in network mode which changes RCA outputs from front and rear into High, Mid and low.

Now that you can independent control each mid and tweeter you can set time alignment as well to delay further away speakers so that the sound waves hit your ear at the same time which creates a virtual live studio in front of your dash where you can see each musician playing each instrument via sound. You will 💯 never get this with rear speakers which completely ruin this major factor that makes music sound like music.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.