Mid-Bass Lacking In GERMS

tukn18s
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
Lansing, MI
So yes I mounted them to some wood baffles as opposed to the junk plastic OEM piece. And put some deadener on the door. For some reason I am still lacking some midbass. More than likely its my tuning. I've got the HPF turned on at about 60 hz. Should it be set somewhere else?

So yes I mounted them to some wood baffles as opposed to the junk plastic OEM piece. And put some deadener on the door. For some reason I am still lacking some midbass. More than likely its my tuning. I've got the HPF turned on at about 60 hz. Should it be set somewhere else?
Have you sealed up the doors completely, so that no holes are present? That helps tremendously.

theres some small holes but they are inevitable holes IE wires going through door, mounting holes, my doors use these nifty plastic hook looking deals to mount to the door. Shouldnt they have some midbass regardless of the door being completely sealed?

theres some small holes but they are inevitable holes IE wires going through door, mounting holes, my doors use these nifty plastic hook looking deals to mount to the door. Shouldnt they have some midbass regardless of the door being completely sealed?
Make sure the baffle is firmly placed against the door. you may also want to put some deadner between the baffel so no air leaks are present. Clay works aswell. One thing to also check for is that the comps are wired in phase.

Make sure the baffle is firmly placed against the door. you may also want to put some deadner between the baffel so no air leaks are present. Clay works aswell. One thing to also check for is that the comps are wired in phase.
Alright I am slightly a noob. I have the speakers wired with the biamping inputs. The tweeters are running off of the front channels, and the mids, off of the rear. Both filters are on the HPF, 60 hz. Surprisingly, I love the sounds of the tweets at this range, and still have a little tuning to do to them. What freq should i set those at? The mids just werent making enough midbass for my liking. The monsoon in my ta has some subs in the rear sails, they make good midbass, so it is sufficient, was just looking to get a little more out of my germs.

there is something very wrong with that setup.

couse ive heard notting but good things about the Germ.

I went to shop near my house and listen to the Germ in some guys car and i really liked it, and he was only feeding them 75W each side.

I didnt say it didnt sound good at all, the hype of the germs is ALL its cracked up to be. This thread is basically geared towards where to set the tuning. I did some more tweaking today through the crossover itself and it helped tremendously, I made this thread in an attempt to be lazy, and get answers easier lol overall, the germs get an A+ x 100000. I love them, well worth the 450 dollars.!!

jbl px300.4, rates it at 114 watts per channel, each speaker, gets one channel, so approx 230 per side, realistically probably 200 or so i would say. I love the sound of the tweeter, and Ill play with the internal eq more tomorrow when I wake up, working midnights ftl lol

I run AA poly mids and they had little midbass at first, but bumping up the bass EQ to +6 brought them to life.

Hopefully that's all your missing is some EQ'ing....

I run AA poly mids and they had little midbass at first, but bumping up the bass EQ to +6 brought them to life.
Hopefully that's all your missing is some EQ'ing....
+6...wtf? I'd never do that. My germs run completely flat on my h/u and they sound **** good, even though they are only getting 120 per side.

shouldnt be a problem. with them at all. i have four and love em, and im a happy consumer. if you seal the doors the output is considerably better. CONSIDERABLY. i use a set in the kicks and those in the doors are pretty well sealed. if your patient enough with a heat gun and plexi you can get a **** good panel to close up your access panels and dynamat over them to make the speaks as airtight as possible. tuningwise, theres alot of options on there, i cant remember what mine are set at (been overseas a year) lol. good luck.

798183_58_full.jpg

quick question.... you arent talking about the settings on your amp correct ? the germs come with cross overs that you should be using and you should give them a full signal. The cross over will take care of the rest...

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.