Messing with Sub Box size?

Participant count
  • Participant list

ALDJ253

I am making calculations on the re audio sub box calculator. I am making a box for the SSA Icon 12". It says on the website, optimal volume is 2.25 tuned at 29 to 34 hz, with sub displacement of 0.16 cubic feet. I have the measurements done, and got it to exactly 2.41 cubic feet (after port displacement, before sub displacement), tuned to 32.049 hz. However, I know that if I were to add 45* braces to each corner of the box, the bracing will also have displacement. How do I account for the bracing displacement, if I do not know the dimensions of the braces yet?

Current dimensions that I have plugged in are:

Box Width: 30

Box height: 13.75

Box top and bottom depth: 16

Wood Thickness: 0.75

Square port width: 2.5 (Making the area about 12 times as much as the box volume)

Square port length 2: 11.5

Should I just take off 1.5 inch of the port length 2, since doing so makes the Box volume 2.437 (after port displacement, before sub displacement), giving me 0.027 of room for the 45* bracing?

Start with a much better program that one is junk. Use Torres desktop or if you need to use an app, get Xplicit Audio. With a slot port its necessary to add the amount of common walls being used.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

Start with a much better program that one is junk. Use Torres desktop or if you need to use an app, get Xplicit Audio. With a slot port its necessary to add the amount of common walls being used.
Please excuse my noobness, but what are common walls?

Please excuse my noobness, but what are common walls?
Any wall that makes up the rest of the port. Ex...side port will use the side, top and bottom exterior walls to make up the port so you would add 3 common walls into the program.

Oh, okay. So if the port was the basic L shape from one side, I'd put the side, bottom, top for the 1st part, then back, bottom, top, for the back part?

I just realized who I am talking to! Lol, people have said that you build amazing boxes.

Oh, okay. So if the port was the basic L shape from one side, I'd put the side, bottom, top for the 1st part, then back, bottom, top, for the back part?
I just realized who I am talking to! Lol, people have said that you build amazing boxes.

The Xplicit audio App is nice to have and its free from the App store. It will help you a bit

Just add common walls as veiwed from the opening of the port. Also using torres you will be able to factor bracing displacement. It's all in ft3.

Thanks man.

---------- Post added at 11:21 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:21 AM ----------

Just add common walls as veiwed from the opening of the port. Also using torres you will be able to factor bracing displacement. It's all in ft3.
This

Thanks man.

---------- Post added at 11:21 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:21 AM ----------

This

Okay, sweet! Thanks guys //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

CSCstang, this is just in case I don't have access to tools when the time comes around, but do you still make boxes? If you do, what would it cost for a ported box for a SSA Icon 12, shipped to 98105?

Okay, sweet! Thanks guys //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif
CSCstang, this is just in case I don't have access to tools when the time comes around, but do you still make boxes? If you do, what would it cost for a ported box for a SSA Icon 12, shipped to 98105?
I'm looking at about 4 more months rehab on the shoulder until I fire up the saw again. If you need one around then just pm me for a quote.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.