kickers subs and there reputation

mrpep

CarAudio.com Elite
chicago
I've had Kicker subs , L7 and CVR and mids and amps etc etc ... Anyway, I read about how they **** all of the time in here and although I don't think they're top of the line I think they deserve some respect. I found this video that is pretty interesting on a pair of kicker solobarics. check it out .

That's a meter box with woofers they haven't made in 10 years.

Cheap plastic. Tiny motors covered up. Large box requirements.

Amps do rated but are huge by today's standards

The new KX line looks better but are Chinese and cost more than Korean.

That's a meter box with woofers they haven't made in 10 years. Cheap plastic. Tiny motors covered up. Large box requirements.

Amps do rated but are huge by today's standards

The new KX line looks better but are Chinese and cost more than Korean.
might be old cheap plastic but according to the video this guy hit 163db with these things. Cant be too cheap...

I've got a 12" L5 as the OP said i know there not the best but, it's taking a beating and hits pretty well for one 12 on 600 watts. To each his own i guess.

might be old cheap plastic but according to the video this guy hit 163db with these things. Cant be too cheap...
no, those were OG soloXs back then when they actually had some heft to them. They have completely cheaped out since then and havent even made anything close to their former glory. Plus thats a burp box, not on music. Others have put up way higher numbers with a burp box even without needing a wall and your point is?

Either way, you arent even 140db yet why you talking about 160 db cars and brands when you have zero experience with being loud

I've had Kicker subs , L7 and CVR and mids and amps etc etc ... Anyway, I read about how they **** all of the time in here and although I don't think they're top of the line I think they deserve some respect. I found this video that is pretty interesting on a pair of kicker solobarics. check it out .

Solo X isn't bad for what it is but nothing special apart from looking cool. Their subs were American made back in the early 90s and they were good their amps have always been made overseas (though have always performed as advertised) and today their speakers overall are on par with the other big box store brands in their class.

Solo X isn't bad for what it is but nothing special apart from looking cool. Their subs were American made back in the early 90s and they were good their amps have always been made overseas (though have always performed as advertised) and today their speakers overall are on par with the other big box store brands in their class.
Yeah I remember in the early to mid 90s Rockford and kicker were pretty much top of the line. JL was a known name but I never saw any back then. The only people who had JL back then were the big ballers. I had a L7 a few years back and to be honest , it slammed with authority. Now A days it's pretty much all JL for me. They are pricey but I'm

Very satisfied with the sound.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

no, those were OG soloXs back then when they actually had some heft to them. They have completely cheaped out since then and havent even made anything close to their former glory. Plus thats a burp box, not on music. Others have put up way higher numbers with a burp box even without needing a wall and your point is?
Either way, you arent even 140db yet why you talking about 160 db cars and brands when you have zero experience with being loud
I think you missed my reason for making this thread and believe me if I wanted to be 160 I would. It's not a money thing it's a choice. I'm not into audio to be the loudest. I like clean appearance and clean sound. All these guys who compete drive **** boxes for the most part, I would be embarrassed to be in half of these cars I see , lol. My cars are all in mint condition and clean like new on the inside. Anyhow getting back to the reason i posted this , it's to more or less tell all of the kicker haters that kickers can make some sound and that's all....

I think you missed my reason for making this thread and believe me if I wanted to be 160 I would. It's not a money thing it's a choice. I'm not into audio to be the loudest. I like clean appearance and clean sound. All these guys who compete drive **** boxes for the most part, I would be embarrassed to be in half of these cars I see , lol. My cars are all in mint condition and clean like new on the inside. Anyhow getting back to the reason i posted this , it's to more or less tell all of the kicker haters that kickers can make some sound and that's all....

Okay its the same as saying sub is a sub pretty pointless. Other subs can do more with less. Theres a reason you dont see anyone in their right minds run rickers in the lanes for either sq or spl or plainloud and clean demos.

Also thats always the excuse guys that cant get loud say. They are in it for SQ or looks. Very convenient excuse. Seen it used waay too many times.

Okay its the same as saying sub is a sub pretty pointless. Other subs can do more with less. Theres a reason you dont see anyone in their right minds run rickers in the lanes for either sq or spl or plainloud and clean demos.

Also thats always the excuse guys that cant get loud say. They are in it for SQ or looks. Very convenient excuse. Seen it used waay too many times.
Is that why I have a single 10" on a 1000 watt amp? To get loud? Is that why I run 4 gage? Is that why I don't have the big 3 upgrade? Is that why I have a stock alternator? Is that why I'm using my stock Bose speakers and amp on doors ? Lol, if I wanted loud if have all that and I'd get rid of the 3rd row in my Denali and throw in a massive box with competition subs and hefty amps. Believe me when I say I'm really not trying to be in it for loud. As long as my mirrors rattle and the bass is deep? I'm good. You are probably a loud seeker and feel all of us feel like you but believe it when some say they are not.

Also, remember when I sold my sundown sa's cause they were too loud and replaced with JL w6?? Can't do much more to prove myself but I am truly satisfied where I'm at right now.

Can't do much more to prove myself but I am truly satisfied where I'm at right now.
I can't tell if you're getting upset over my computer screen, but you seem like you could relax a bit. You don't need to prove anything to anyone on the Internet about your sound system, your preferences, or if your system is "good enough".

Whoa there buddy. Don't say if u wanted 160s you would have them... it's not easy. U can't just buy a bunch of stuff and have it break a 160db magically. It takes lots of knowledge

Whoa there buddy. Don't say if u wanted 160s you would have them... it's not easy. U can't just buy a bunch of stuff and have it break a 160db magically. It takes lots of knowledge
of course but I know what I am capable of and I know that if that was my goal I would eventually triumph! But I could give two turds where im at....

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.