MAXXX Power you can feed KICKER l7's!

200 Amp alt isent enough

What is a Orion 2500D? i know pulls right around 200 amps on its own, let alone what the car itself will pull

and you want to run 4400 watts? you need like a 250 - 300 amp

200 Amp alt isent enough
What is a Orion 2500D? i know pulls right around 200 amps on its own, let alone what the car itself will pull

and you want to run 4400 watts? you need like a 250 - 300 amp
when playing music that orion won't pull 200 amp, but i agree i'd go with atleast a 250 amp alt. the second battery may hinder your setup but they seem to be the bees knees these days

we ran 2 L7 10s off of 2 zx2500s for burps (12v) in 06

daily, we've had them on a memphis 4000d and had not problems.

They are strong.

remember when building a box you need to make 1 cubic foot per inch of sub so 2 15's will need 30 cubes. i hope you got the room. plus since they are square you technically should make them 1.5 cube sper inch of sub, but 1 will do fine
I hope your kidding.

when playing music that orion won't pull 200 amp, but i agree i'd go with atleast a 250 amp alt. the second battery may hinder your setup but they seem to be the bees knees these days
my orion doesnt blow 50 amp fuses on music:) ???????????????

i'm assuming you have tons of money to do the necessary upgrades let alone for a 4kw amp?

but yes, upgrading the stock wiring and your alt is the FIRST thing's to do. especially with that kinda current draw. and a new battery. possibly a second battery.

if you wanna man up, get dual alts even. or a voltage regulator and run the 2nd alt on 16+volts and feed it that 4kw.

better have lots of 1/0 if not 2/0 running thru your car. dual runs. dual grounds, dual power.

ya.

and hope your vehicle is dampened to hell or else it'll rattle your car apart.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.