Matching Amp to Speakers

Participant count
  • Participant list

Stax63

CarAudio.com Newbie
Hello Gentlemen, I have a quick questions, if I am installing these 6X9's in my front doors (2012 4Runner SR5)
Infinity KAPPA-90CSX 6"X9”
Power Handling 135W RMS, 405W peak Sensitivity (@ 2. 83V) 94dB
Frequency Response 35Hz – 35kHz

would these speaker be adequate?
Infinity REF-5022cfx 135W 5-1/4" Reference Series Coaxial Car Speakers with Edge-Driven, Textile tweeters
135 watts max Each,
90 Watts RMS each

I would match them to a
Pioneer GM-DX874
Limited Edition 4-channel car amplifier — 100 watts RMS x 4

The Sub is powered, so would not figure into this. Am I am on the right track? I have learned that speakers need to be powered up correctly to operate at their peak.

Thanks Guys!

So you are installing Infinity kappa 6x9s in the front doors.

What do you mean will Infinity ref 5.25s be adequate?

Pretty sure the rears have 6.5s but I would leave the rears out to get a better front stage sound.

Oh yeah and DUVALLLL.

what gear do you already own?

if you havent bought anything yet, id get a good set of 6.5" component speakers for the front, deaden the doors and amp them

ditch the rears

So you are installing Infinity kappa 6x9s in the front doors.

What do you mean will Infinity ref 5.25s be adequate?

Pretty sure the rears have 6.5s but I would leave the rears out to get a better front stage sound.

Oh yeah and DUVALLLL.
Duval for sure! Thanks for the advice. Yes, 6.5 were the originals but previous owner put some 5.25 Rockford Fosgates in? So I have a JVC kw-v950bw head unit I just put in. So you think a good 100 watt amp and the sub, along with the Infinity Kappas will do the trick?

what gear do you already own?

if you havent bought anything yet, id get a good set of 6.5" component speakers for the front, deaden the doors and amp them

ditch the rears
Well a jvc kw-v950bw head, the 6x9 infinity kappas a JBL powered sub and was going to amp the rest of the speakers with a Pioneer 100wx4 channel amp. The rear door and hatch speakers are only 50 watt speakers though. How do you deaden the doors?

Duval for sure! Thanks for the advice. Yes, 6.5 were the originals but previous owner put some 5.25 Rockford Fosgates in? So I have a JVC kw-v950bw head unit I just put in. So you think a good 100 watt amp and the sub, along with the Infinity Kappas will do the trick?

Should be a good match.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.