how i can improve dramatically my sound quality,

mio
10+ year member

EUROPE
hi my current set up, p99rs headunit network mode, no cross overs active from p99rs, front morel virtus nano 602, tweeters from morel same set, rear jl audio c5, 3 amps mosconi pico 2 x 3 1 for high 1 for low 1 for mid , 2 farad capacitor, + sub audison abpx 10as active sub, how i can improve dramatically my sound quality, options are,

1. get a new pair of tweeters for example scan speak berylium ,
2. get new pairs of speakers blam signature series https://www.blam-audio.com/en/s-165-300/ or https://www.arcaudio.com/sites/default/files/2018-08/RS Product Spotlight Download Ready_0.pdf
3 . get new pair of amps something like class a/b like mosconi as series for example mosconi as 100.4
4 . get a high end DSP ?
right now my system dont reproduce well mid and low range,
its probably because of the speakers ,
they are not good for that, = jl audio c5 are put into low range -= so they reproduce only low range but terrible horrible, and my front morel virtus nano 602 they are reproducing mid range only, - so sub reproducing sub =- and high is for tweeters.

no its because you **** at tuning. Already told you from the pages we talked about but you dont actually tackle the one and only important issue. All you think about is throwing money at the problem and hoping it solves itself.

For reference people... Hes not doing active networks. the best tuning he did was the pioneer auto EQ mic which is complete trash... He did nothing else and he thinks buying more gear is the solution to everything even though I told him in depth what he needed to do and that tuning is his 1 and only problem that is fixed for free but he plays dumb and doesn't even attempt to try and tune properly, he tunes me out and goes straight back into asking for what speakers sound best and proceeds to flood the forum up with "what gear is the best" threads. he's not looking for actual solutions, he's just looking for approval and people giving him the greenlight to waste money.

hi my current set up, p99rs headunit network mode, no cross overs active from p99rs, front morel virtus nano 602, tweeters from morel same set, rear jl audio c5, 3 amps mosconi pico 2 x 3 1 for high 1 for low 1 for mid , 2 farad capacitor, + sub audison abpx 10as active sub, how i can improve dramatically my sound quality, options are,

1. get a new pair of tweeters for example scan speak berylium ,
2. get new pairs of speakers blam signature series https://www.blam-audio.com/en/s-165-300/ or https://www.arcaudio.com/sites/default/files/2018-08/RS Product Spotlight Download Ready_0.pdf
3 . get new pair of amps something like class a/b like mosconi as series for example mosconi as 100.4
4 . get a high end DSP ?
right now my system dont reproduce well mid and low range,
its probably because of the speakers ,
they are not good for that, = jl audio c5 are put into low range -= so they reproduce only low range but terrible horrible, and my front morel virtus nano 602 they are reproducing mid range only, - so sub reproducing sub =- and high is for tweeters.
Bladest, its time to usr the stuff you have!

no its because you **** at tuning. Already told you from the pages we talked about but you dont actually tackle the one and only important issue. All you think about is throwing money at the problem and hoping it solves itself.

For reference people... Hes not doing active networks. the best tuning he did was the pioneer auto EQ mic which is complete trash... He did nothing else and he thinks buying more gear is the solution to everything even though I told him in depth what he needed to do and that tuning is his 1 and only problem that is fixed for free but he plays dumb and doesn't even attempt to try and tune properly, he tunes me out and goes straight back into asking for what speakers sound best and proceeds to flood the forum up with "what gear is the best" threads. he's not looking for actual solutions, he's just looking for approval and people giving him the greenlight to waste money.
I wish I had the money he seems to have to blow on more high ticket equipment. 😁

Bladest, its time to usr the stuff you have!
Get it tuned professionally. Use the P99s active crossover points, EQ, and TA. Why have that unit if youre not going to exploit its capibilities

Use the P99 for full tuning.

If you don't want to tune it, then, pay somebody to do it for you. Hopefully, he will let you sit in the drivers seat while he is tuning it to your listening preferences. Ideally, you would do it yourself, but apparently you don't want or know how to.

in the place where i live - no body i REPEAT
can tune that
Radio - its not sold here no one ever owned used it so no one can tune it here......... in BG, my only option is remote tuning if someone can do it .
Headunit is tunned to the maximum according to the audio shop - which have done installation as well. Of course they never saw such radio so its not up to the max.

can tune that
Radio - its not sold here no one ever owned used it so no one can tune it here......... in BG, my only option is remote tuning if someone can do it .
Headunit is tunned to the maximum according to the audio shop - which have done installation as well. Of course they never saw such radio so its not up to the max.
Then you have some serious homework to do in learning how to tune your system yourself.

list current deck settings and amp settings. crossover points, slopes, time alignment etc

what JL speakers you using in the back, theres many C5 speakers. you using a full component set (mid and tweeter) or just mids?

they in the rear doors? rear dash? what about the front speakers? where are they placed? door and dash? just doors?

what car, what year? did the installer use any sound deadener?

list current deck settings and amp settings. crossover points, slopes, time alignment etc

what JL speakers you using in the back, theres many C5 speakers. you using a full component set (mid and tweeter) or just mids?

they in the rear doors? rear dash? what about the front speakers? where are they placed? door and dash? just doors?

what car, what year? did the installer use any sound deadener?
The problem is, he has the P99rs n nobody in Bulgaria knows how to use it, including him. Lol
In all seriousness tho he just needs to learn how to use it, n he will be fine.

can tune that
Sale that expensive radio and then get another radio. Like the stage below that one. The deh-80prs. Or keep that overpriced gem. And I guarantee u somebody where ur at can tweet and tune ur set up, radio and all. U might have to go to car audio shows and meet people that really know their ****. Just because somebody works at an audio shop doesn’t mean they are really good at what they do. Cause if they were they could tune any radio or crossover, etc. or go to other audio shops until u find a guy that knows what he is doing when it comes to high end audio. But me personally, I wouldn’t keep a $1200 radio and I would just use a regular $200ish radio that can be tuned by most anybody and sounds almost just as good. The deh-80prs sounds really good and is really good and easy to tune and is only $250. I think to jump from $250 for the 80prs to $1200, or so, for the p99rs is overkill and too much money for too little of an upgrade It’s a better stereo but not $1000 better.

Last edited:
Sale that expensive radio and then get another radio. Like the stage below that one. The deh-80prs. Or keep that overpriced gem. And I guarantee u somebody where ur at can tweet and tune ur set up, radio and all. U might have to go to car audio shows and meet people that really know their ****. Just because somebody works at an audio shop doesn’t mean they are really good at what they do. Cause if they were they could tune any radio or crossover, etc. or go to other audio shops until u find a guy that knows what he is doing when it comes to high end audio. But me personally, I wouldn’t keep a $1200 radio and I would just use a regular $200ish radio that can be tuned by most anybody and sounds almost just as good. The deh-80prs sounds really good and is really good and easy to tune and is only $250. I think to jump from $250 for the 80prs to $1200, or so, for the p99rs is overkill and too much money for too little of an upgrade It’s a better stereo but not $1000 better.
Well he has it now, so he might as well just use it

I dont PLAN - And i Dont Want to sale my HEADUNIT,
this is like - requesting selling my own house and to live in a dumb for example ?
this is what also BG car audio installers told me SALE YOUR HEADunit get a cheap chinese one for 50$
from which we know how to set it up ,
for 10 years i changed many headunits and i am HAPPY FROM P99RS
so no plans for selling it,
i can swap my rear speakers- i can swap my mosconi amp and my tweeters but headunit will stay,
car have sound proof if thats the question old european Accord 90s- made in uk,
where i live we dont have car audio shows,
here is not USA or Canada,
with 200$ monthly salary trust me very few people can afford to have decent audio here, even used,
Every single component i hand picked by my self from abroad it wasnt been sold over here -

i bought my p99rs used so i never payed 1200$
in my life i owned many headunits and the only one that i like - is p99rs design and build quality is SUPERB,
it REMINDS ME of a Aston Martin, little bit.
i use to own sony,alpine,kenwood,jvc,clarion and many other brands and models. and i wasnt happy at all.
now i have clean signal.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.