First System Help 2001 Extended Cab Silverado

Participant count
  • Participant list

IceTea2001

CarAudio.com Newbie
Hi,
I have a 2001 Chevy Silverado Extended Cab, I am thinking of doing a Sundown Sa 8 with a Skar Amp under the rear bench seat.

ALL suggestions are appreciated

This will be my first system so I don’t want to go too crazy, this will be a budget build.

I already have Rockford Fosgate Punch series door speakers and a Kenwood Single din radio
076B97EF-F20B-48E7-8C73-D027DEF1D79F.jpeg
076B97EF-F20B-48E7-8C73-D027DEF1D79F.jpeg

[QUOTE="IceTea2001, post: 8695379, member:]
I have a 2001 Chevy Silverado Extended Cab, I am thinking of doing a Sundown Sa 8 with a Skar Amp under the rear bench seat.
[/QUOTE]

An Sa-8?.. I'm curious, how much height do you have from the seat bottom to floor at the front edge of the seat?

Last edited:
[QUOTE="IceTea2001, post: 8695379, member:]

An Sa-8?.. I'm curious, how much height do you have from the seat bottom to floor at the front edge of the seat?
[/QUOTE]

10 inches from floor to the bottom edge of the seat

Last edited:
10 inches from floor to the bottom edge of the seat
Last one I had a part in was kept under the seat lip and it was 3 ea Sa X-6.5's... iirc it was .8ft3 net even with a slot so a single 8 ought to be easy. We even left enough space on the other side for a SFB 3K and small 4ch with lots of extra space.

JT7vMf.jpg

ULn7WF.jpg

Last edited:
Last one I had a part in was kept under the seat lip and it was 3 ea Sa X-6.5's... iirc it was .8ft3 net even with a slot so a single 8 ought to be easy. We even left enough space on the other side for a SFB 3K and small 4ch with lots of extra space.

JT7vMf.jpg

ULn7WF.jpg
Ok looks like a nice build, Would I need some speaker grilles to protect the subs from accidentally kicking them or anything like that if I do a forward facing set up?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.