Make a 4th order for a focal 33KX

Me personally, I’d take one 12” in a ported or 4th order over 2 8” any day. For one, the 2 8s would probably be more expensive than the one 12 if you got the same sub, and a 12 will play lower and sound fuller IMO. $600 for a sub and $600 for an amp can get you some really good equipment.

Can you build you own box? If so I’d recommend talking to @Buck about a design. He designed my box and it turned out great. He also has experience with a LOT of subs so if you want a 4th order he could recommend a sub fit for that.

Me personally, I’d take one 12” in a ported or 4th order over 2 8” any day. For one, the 2 8s would probably be more expensive than the one 12 if you got the same sub, and a 12 will play lower and sound fuller IMO. $600 for a sub and $600 for an amp can get you some really good equipment.

Can you build you own box? If so I’d recommend talking to @Buck about a design. He designed my box and it turned out great. He also has experience with a LOT of subs so if you want a 4th order he could recommend a sub fit for that.

The problem with 8's is spider size. You either get a big coil or a big spider, not both. 8's are limited quite literally, all of them are limited quite severely because of the limited basket diameter, therefore limited spider diameter. 10's are really where the spiders can be big enough to run a 3" coil. Me, I would totally run a 12 over 2 8's any day of the week.

The problem with 8's is spider size. You either get a big coil or a big spider, not both. 8's are limited quite literally, all of them are limited quite severely because of the limited basket diameter, therefore limited spider diameter. 10's are really where the spiders can be big enough to run a 3" coil. Me, I would totally run a 12 over 2 8's any day of the week.
If I was him I’d do a 4th order. If I didn’t need at least a little cargo space in my trunk I would’ve had you design me one.

the newer version of Focal or the other brands ? For my K5 Blazer, I would like something pretty loud.
I was hope than I can made something great with my 33kx

Depends on your price, if you want something cheaper and loud, maybe check out soundqubed or american bass.

I might catch flack for this, but I like Q power deluxes. They are damn good subs for what they are. IIRC, one of JL's engineers designed the Q power deluxe, but don't quote me on that. We did high 140's with 4 of their 15's in a jeep cherokee back in the day, on like 1500w or so. They'll take 400-500 watts and run in a 4th order, if you want something cheaper.

We did 4 q power 12's on like 2000w or something, and he was in the 140's for sure. Probably low 140's. I assume they're still the same design today.

This is the 4 12's:

Thanks you all !!

I see somewhere than for a 4th the sub may have a factor of fs/qts below 46 is that true ? The DB WDX G5 have a factor of 76.9 so better in a 6th 🤷‍♂️?

yes I can made my own box, A good friend was carpenter

I think if I take a powerful sub, I’ll do a ported box

Thanks you all !!

I see somewhere than for a 4th the sub may have a factor of fs/qts below 46 is that true ? The DB WDX G5 have a factor of 76.9 so better in a 6th 🤷‍♂️?

yes I can made my own box, A good friend was carpenter

I think if I take a powerful sub, I’ll do a ported box

View attachment 25832

What you're looking for is EBP, which is Fs/Qes. But that isn't always 100% true, it really depends on Fs, Vas, and how big of a sealed box the woofer can use with full power, and the Fc of the sealed box.

Holy crap, you can put those in a HUGE sealed box and ported box, according to their recommendations. Yeah, seems like it would work in a 4th to me. EBP of 64.34, Fc would be good for 4th order.
What is your suggestion please ?
which box will have wich result for this sub ?

A friend have the same sub in his boat, he made a smaller ported box because he want to make a seat on it 😅, it sound really good (we feel the sub need more air)

What is your suggestion please ?
which box will have wich result for this sub ?

A friend have the same sub in his boat, he made a smaller ported box because he want to make a seat on it 😅, it sound really good (we feel the sub need more air)

You could do ported, 4th or series 6th order. That sub is going to have a huge box no matter what you do. I can design it any way, as long as you have enough space.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.