Make a 4th order for a focal 33KX

Cripz0062

CarAudio.com Newbie
Hi !
I would like to made a 4th order box for my focal 33KX, I have a focal fp 1.800 amp

Can you help me finding the rear/front and port size please ? I find this calculator but it doesn’t said the port size...

Thanks for your help 😊😊

I had a 27KX. These subs are delicate. I personally wouldn't do a 4th with that sub. Sealed is what they sound best in. IMO And many people assume they are neodymium motors which is false. These are ferrite motors. This is a very low power sub. I would just keep it on a clean, un-clipped low power 400 watts in a custom sealed box.

The port size and front chamber size is something that the designer has to determine. You may want to look at what ^^^^^ said, I'm not familiar with these subs as far as durability.

I had a 27KX. These subs are delicate. I personally wouldn't do a 4th with that sub. Sealed is what they sound best in. IMO And many people assume they are neodymium motors which is false. These are ferrite motors. This is a very low power sub. I would just keep it on a clean, un-clipped low power 400 watts in a custom sealed box.
just so I better understand, how would a sub get damaged in a 4th order if they are designed for sealed. Unless the sub is inverted in the ported section, shouldnt it still think it basically in a sealed enclosure?

just so I better understand, how would a sub get damaged in a 4th order if they are designed for sealed. Unless the sub is inverted in the ported section, shouldnt it still think it basically in a sealed enclosure?

Could cause cone issues where there's more pressure/force on the cone. I tend to think it would be fine, personally, but some subs are weird like that. Some subs don't like shared sealed chambers, for example.

Hi,

thank’s for yours answers :)
I have buy this sub 10 years ago but never installed because I sold my car and buy a simple can truck, now I have a chevy K5 would like to do something with my focal.

Few years ago I lend it to my brother who put it in a 38 liters box (box not glued,and not really good work), my DD 508 sound better, I hope the problem was the box but when I ear you, maybe it’s the focal not as good as I think.

So I will do a simple 40-45 liters box and let it in my blazer awating my choice between DD or sundown. What’s your opinion ?
Regards.

Hi,

thank’s for yours answers :)
I have buy this sub 10 years ago but never installed because I sold my car and buy a simple can truck, now I have a chevy K5 would like to do something with my focal.

Few years ago I lend it to my brother who put it in a 38 liters box (box not glued,and not really good work), my DD 508 sound better, I hope the problem was the box but when I ear you, maybe it’s the focal not as good as I think.

So I will do a simple 40-45 liters box and let it in my blazer awating my choice between DD or sundown. What’s your opinion ?
Regards.
This sub is nothing like a DD or Sundown. Much more finesse. The newer versions of these subs are BEAST.

If you’d like something pretty loud I’d just sell the Focal and get something else.
Yeah I think I will do that
My k5 was at the coach builder, it let me some time to choose a pretty good sub 😊

any thoughts about DB drives WDX ? Worth it his 3000w RMS or something else can be competitive ?

thank’s

any thoughts about DB drives WDX ? Worth it his 3000w RMS or something else can be competitive ?

thank’s
This one?
I don’t have any experience with DB audio myself, but I’ve heard a lot of people like them, and some who don’t care for them, but EVERY brand will always have some nay sayers. It looks pretty beast to me. What’s your budget? Goal? Sub size? Sub quantity? Amp? How big of a box can you have?

Last edited:
In New Caledonia our K5 was only certified for two seats, so I will remove the rear seat àd have any room I want.
My budget 600$ for the sub, approx the same or more for the amp
1 or 2 sub, I don’t know 🤷‍♂️ I read a lot about subwoofer but I’m French and I don’t understand some words so I don’t understand what is the difference between the same sub but different size, whats the difference between 1 12 inch and 2 8 inch...

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.