Lows dont sound good

Thanks everyone for the replies. The car is a stationwagon.

I might just try the port extension. Dont know how im going to do that but i need to get a lil creative.

I will let the subs break in a bit longer and see what happens.

Thnx a bunch guys.

Are you trying sealed up for lows?

My old car with subs up port up the more doors you opened the lower it got

Sealed up it fell flat on its face on the lows

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks everyone for the replies. The car is a stationwagon. I might just try the port extension. Dont know how im going to do that but i need to get a lil creative.

I will let the subs break in a bit longer and see what happens.

Thnx a bunch guys.

Port exstension like this^

Are you trying sealed up for lows?My old car with subs up port up the more doors you opened the lower it got

Sealed up it fell flat on its face on the lows
I have only tried passenger window down and driver window down and both closed till now. Just want to be able to do some hairtricks.

How big is your box? I don't know if tuning lower will help. It cold hurt but it doesn't hurt to try.

if you want killer lowend larger box is your friend. if you want excellent lowend extension low tuning is the key.. the mayhems have a very stiff suspension even though they have a lower QES the Rms is higher and that means bigger box. how much airspace do you have? 7.5 even 8 would be ******* down low..

How big is your box? I don't know if tuning lower will help. It cold hurt but it doesn't hurt to try.
if you want killer lowend larger box is your friend. if you want excellent lowend extension low tuning is the key.. the mayhems have a very stiff suspension even though they have a lower QES the Rms is higher and that means bigger box. how much airspace do you have? 7.5 even 8 would be ******* down low..
Do you know how to read bro? Look at post #4 .

Box dimensions (outer) are-

Width- 39.5 inch

Height- 18.75

Depth- 45.

Port

Width- 35.75

Height- 5

Length- 23

---------- Post added at 11:41 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:41 AM ----------

as much as you can. Tuning lower will prevent damage more than anything when playing super low notes.
Ok thnx for that. Didnt know that.

Heh, here in the states, length of the port would be the longest pieces....in your case it's 35.75 Gotta be tuned pretty low. But I think you said 32Hz.

Heh, here in the states, length of the port would be the longest pieces....in your case it's 35.75 Gotta be tuned pretty low. But I think you said 32Hz.
Well according to the advice i got on here from someone sometime ago. It should be either 33 or 32hz. And i got the same tuning when i put it into port calc programme.

Just want to now see if i add on an external port piece, what my dimmensions should be to be able to smash the lows.

Anyone with any tips???

I just saw a vid on bassmans instagram. And 2dd 12s were doing hairtricks, and serious flex to the car and windshield.

MY car does nothi g of the sort. And thats starting to **** me off.... alot. Hahaha

Spent a ton of money and time building and buying this stuff.

Two amps doing 3500rms each at 1 ohm

2x18 mayhems.

Huge box

Tuning between 33hz and 32hz.

Sound to the ear is decent loud.

But this system must have a lot more in it to get way louder and move way more air. Especially seeing that 2x12s are doing more than mine.

So all tips on what i should try with extending the port.

And if that dont work then im just going to have to either make a wall or a 6th order. (Is 6th good idea for 2x18s?)

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.