Low voltage help

Participant count
  • Participant list
I have a 97 civic with a pioneer deh-p8300ub head unit rockford r-750 amp and mtx thunder 404 amp when I got it all hooked up and my volt meter in I'm only getting 12.6 volts even when reved up any ideas why the battery is only a couple months old and even has grounds up graded to 4 gauge don't have the whole big three done yet gotta get a fuse for alt but can't figure out the drop in volts even when the stereo isn't turned up any idea would be great thanks

The sub amp is 900 watt rms and the front stage amp is 120 watts but the voltage is low before I ever turn the stereo on and it could be the alt maybe can u get it tested with out taking it out do u know

disconnect system and see if your read out goes up at all. disconnect the main fuse to the amps. also try checking the read out right at the front battery and at the amps and see if it differs at all.

also, had you ever checked voltage BEFORE the system was installed?

So ur car never gets above 12.6v Has it cause any problems with ur car I know it's bad for the voltage to be that low I will let u know what I find out
I actually had to put my car in the shop friday and they said they dont know what it is , they further spoke and told me it may be a sensor in the ignition cylinder that may be cause my car to shut off completely and not turn back on until the next day worst part is it only happens when I have appointments ironic huh? But I have a digital read out on my fuse holder it reads 12.7 while the car is running even if I switch my subs of it never raises to 14 , then I use my dmm same I dont know whats going on , I thought maybe if I do the big 3 it might help? Of course incurring all these charges ive yet to do it but if anyone finds out please inform me long as I been working on cars ive never heard of nor has anyone ive ever spoken to ever heard of this problem? Im puzzled im bout ready to sell my car and may only be able to get half price

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.