Looking to Upgrade my Kicker Comp vr w new subs

You can fiddle with the settings. Bass boost off, gain properly set, crossover at a proper frequency, just double check it all.

If you still aren't happy and you're looking for change there are a lot of woofers that fit your budget and can deliver what you want.

Well actually to when he said, i can still feel it from 5 ft away
And from how far away can you feel yours? //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/sneaky.gif.7189749b3a3f769e8815b47e8ae87f88.gif

You can fiddle with the settings. Bass boost off' date=' gain properly set, crossover at a proper frequency, just double check it all.
If you still aren't happy and you're looking for change there are a lot of woofers that fit your budget and can deliver what you want.

And from how far away can you feel yours? //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/sneaky.gif.7189749b3a3f769e8815b47e8ae87f88.gif[/quote']

Not even with my ear up to it //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/fyi.gif.9f1f679348da7204ce960cfc74bca8e0.gif

im just looking for something that is a guess quicker in response & wont drag on with the bass note's the kickers sound a little muddy maybe i should tweak the settings on my amp? i have a MRP-1000 AMP
Such is the nature of the kicker. Until you get your new setup, try playing with your LPF, maybe bring it down a bit. If it sounds muddy my first thought would be that it may be playing frequencies you don't want it to. Lower the LPF and let it concentrate on where it should be playing //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/thumbsup.gif.3287b36ca96645a13a43aff531f37f02.gif Unless of course it's down all the way or something, in which case def. time for new subs //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/laugh.gif.48439b2acf2cfca21620f01e7f77d1e4.gif

What kinds of music do you listen to?

Dawg, mah trunk beats hard liek sum gerrillaz. it hits like supa hard like beat n mah trunk yknow? but not punchy like fosgate. I wunt sum smaller subs cuz the r punchier. but with a little deep hit too yknow and i really like my kickers. but I was thinkin bout sum L7s or a JAYELLE DUB 7

Such is the nature of the kicker. Until you get your new setup, try playing with your LPF, maybe bring it down a bit. If it sounds muddy my first thought would be that it may be playing frequencies you don't want it to. Lower the LPF and let it concentrate on where it should be playing //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/thumbsup.gif.3287b36ca96645a13a43aff531f37f02.gif Unless of course it's down all the way or something, in which case def. time for new subs //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/laugh.gif.48439b2acf2cfca21620f01e7f77d1e4.gif
Its probably because of the 1inch voice coil and tiny motor with the huge magnet boot. Sell those badboys on craigslist.

Dawg, mah trunk beats hard liek sum gerrillaz. it hits like supa hard like beat n mah trunk yknow? but not punchy like fosgate. I wunt sum smaller subs cuz the r punchier. but with a little deep hit too yknow and i really like my kickers. but I was thinkin bout sum L7s or a JAYELLE DUB 7
What's wrong, nate? your trunk don't excurt enough for ya?

IT'S CUZ YOUR BOX ISN'T 35 HZ YO!!!!!!!!!!!!!

excuse us dada tangent.

I Listen to mostly rap/ hiphop and rnb MY Lpf is set around 75 right now my gain is @.5 and my boost is at 6 What do you recomend me tweaking them to?

My system is laughable eh....?? lol thats cool and mature!!!! but yea i had a starter system last year some cheap *** duals which were poop but i got these from some one for cheap but there just not really accurate/punchy if you know what i mean. Ill look into those L5/ L7's
Also i have a sealed box i will meaure it when i get home after work
If I were you, I'd get a DC Level 4 10" sub, it will take every bit of that 1000w your amp pushes, it will be accurate and deep.

Even less specifically, any D4 or D1 10 or 12" sub that will take 1000 watts would probably suit your desires very well.

However, you may want to consider adding more power though, you won't notice an increase in volume with that single 10" at 100w(probably a decrease actually, less cone area), but the bass will be tighter. You might want to look into getting a sub that will take 1.5-2k and spending a few extra bucks to really upgrade your system

I think most people have the ill-concieved concept of "low". You probably think a 40-45hz note is low, I bet if you tried to play a 20hz or a 25hz note with those woofers you'd hear nothing but your subs trying desperately to make an audible sound.

If I were you, I'd get a DC Level 4 10" sub, it will take every bit of that 1000w your amp pushes, it will be accurate and deep.
Even less specifically, any D4 or D1 10 or 12" sub that will take 1000 watts would probably suit your desires very well.

However, you may want to consider adding more power though, you won't notice an increase in volume with that single 10" at 100w(probably a decrease actually, less cone area), but the bass will be tighter. You might want to look into getting a sub that will take 1.5-2k and spending a few extra bucks to really upgrade your system

I think most people have the ill-concieved concept of "low". You probably think a 40-45hz note is low, I bet if you tried to play a 20hz or a 25hz note with those woofers you'd hear nothing but your subs trying desperately to make an audible sound.
No one would hear an audible sound at 20hz as that is the lower limit of human auditory response...

No one would hear an audible sound at 20hz as that is the lower limit of human auditory response...
Lower limit, not lowest, nice try, being a smart ass and all.

I can play (and hear) a 20hz note on my home subwoofer system, It's not very loud, but it's audible.

what he really needs is teh PUPS!!

for what your working with i would run a single 12/15 setup. ill probably get bashed for saying run a 15, but if put in the right enclosure it will have the tight response your looking for and still be able to get low (depending on the sub of course)

the lvl 4 10 suggested earlier would also be a good choice.

also if you want more punch out of your system you should probably look into upgrading your midbass, a nice pair of mid bass drivers and an amp for them will actually go a long way, when looking for quick bass response.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.