2 month old Alpine Type R...blown

881stGenRunner
10+ year member

Hey guys, I'm new here. I installed an Alpine SWR1223D Type R in my car about 2 months ago and my dumb self pushed to much power to it and wreaked havoc. I have a 3 year old Kicker ZX750.1 amp with 4aug wiring. The spider was cut in 2 places from I'm assuming was too much power going to the sub. I didn't even have the amp turned up too high, but i guess it was enough to do it in. I was driving down the interstate just cruising and jamming out when all of a sudden the sub just completely quit hitting. Stopped dead out of nowhere, so I checked all the wiring and it looked fine so I figured it had to be the internals of the sub.

The sub has Dual 2ohm VC

So basically what im getting to is; does this happen very often?? Would this kind of damage be warrantied? I bought the sub from techronics.com I dont have the warranty information with me since I live away from home in a house off campus to my school. Im sure i could find the information somewhere on Alpine's website, just curious if anyone else has had any experience in dealing with Alpine before.

Thanks for your time

EDIT: got the pics to upload, in the next post down

DSC00430.jpg

DSC00431.jpg
DSC00432.jpg

DSC00436.jpg

well i had written in a response saying that i had already realized that it was my fault. But gee thanks for the obvious response i got back. I had done my hw, but i had made an error when i was looking at the manual online to wire it up...i know "i fried my own sub due to install error."

now that i know its completely my fault as to what happened, is there any way this can be repaired or is this damage catastrophic?

second of all you have a amp that works at a 2 ohm final load. how were u going to wire up a dual 2 ohm sub to it, you need a dual 4 ohm sub to reach a final load of 2 ohms

well i had written in a response saying that i had already realized that it was my fault. But gee thanks for the obvious response i got back. I had done my hw, but i had made an error when i was looking at the manual online to wire it up...i know "i fried my own sub due to install error."
now that i know its completely my fault as to what happened, is there any way this can be repaired or is this damage catastrophic?
please show me where you said you wired this wrong. you only said you pushed too much power to it. so you're welcome for the obvious responce. you can't fix this one. you need a new one, and get a 4ohm dvc not a 2, for the amp that you have.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.