Looking to get louder! Need ideas!

Participant count
  • Participant list

mrtonytompson

Hey guys I been into car audio before i could drive. I have a SQ HDS315 currently it sounds good but i want to be louder. I was thinking a bigger amp but i think i need another sub. The problem is the box for my 1 15 takes up almost all my 2007 impala trunk, so I dont know if i could fit 2.(cheaper and easier to buy just 1 more 15) My second option is to go for 2 12" HDS subs which would fit nice. Would the 15s sound good with 3ft^3 net each or should i just get the 12s? Thanks let me here ideas and suggestions ?

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

It would be nice if you list the whole setup and how its configured. AKA amps, box specs and tuning, box orientation, vehicle.
Pioneer GM- D90601 mono (1200watts rms @1ohm) , box is 4.5 ft^3 net, tuned to 36 hz, sub firing towards trunk, as is the port. 2007 impala rear seat doesnt fold, box mounted about 1.5 feet away from end of trunk

Pioneer GM- D90601 mono (1200watts rms @1ohm) , box is 4.5 ft^3 net, tuned to 36 hz, sub firing towards trunk, as is the port. 2007 impala rear seat doesnt fold, box mounted about 1.5 feet away from end of trunk
more power, get the box closer to the trunk.

Get an hdc4 15 on a 4k amp

much louder if you have proper power going to it. Right now your amp power is very low.
Okay thanks man, I think my first step is a more powerful amp any suggestions that arnt too expensive im still in high school? I was looking at PPI 7000

Okay thanks man, I think my first step is a more powerful amp any suggestions that arnt too expensive im still in high school? I was looking at PPI 7000
if you wire to half ohm maybe you'll see 1.8 to 2k out of it after box/impedance rise. You'll need electrical upgrades though, Big 3, battery etc..

If you want to save money and can build an enclosure. Try a 4th order blow through with your current sub. Hit up ram designs for a cutsheet and blueprint.

if you wire to half ohm maybe you'll see 1.8 to 2k out of it after box/impedance rise. You'll need electrical upgrades though, Big 3, battery etc..
If you want to save money and can build an enclosure. Try a 4th order blow through with your current sub. Hit up ram designs for a cutsheet and blueprint.
Thanks man will do

If you can post a pic of your box and we can go from there. But if u only have a 1200watt amp you need more power. But u will need to do big 3 and nice agm battery if u wanna run 2k power properly

If you can post a pic of your box and we can go from there. But if u only have a 1200watt amp you need more power. But u will need to do big 3 and nice agm battery if u wanna run 2k power properly
I have big 3 done with 0 gauge. Dont have any idea of what kind of battery besides a deep cycle one. Box is 4.5 ft^3 net 36hz

Box looks good. Get a nice 2k amp like crescendo 2k or something similar and the biggest agm battery u can get a volt meter and hook it straight to the amp and just stay above 12v and you be good.

Box looks good. Get a nice 2k amp like crescendo 2k or something similar and the biggest agm battery u can get a volt meter and hook it straight to the amp and just stay above 12v and you be good.
Okay man thats my plan new amp, 2nd battery ill let yall know how it turns out

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.